Vet/Father

Comet 2007 W1

463 posts in this topic

This comet is hugh!!!

http://forum.slooh.com/viewtopic.php?t=441...462ae7278e63592

check out May 14th image...bottom of page...

I will be the first to state(say-it)...

It's a planet size...Earth is @ 10,000 ...

massradiusfigure_sm.jpg

brb...with some new dia arc numbers...I say 25 dia arc...

which is @ 85,000 miles across...l(0)-------------------85,000miles--l

that's the coma...only...

The nucleus(middle) looks big too...

85,000 miles would look like this...@..?(+/-)...

story1-3.jpg

note: I know that most comet are gases,clouds,ice,H20,etc...but there are some that might be planet on the move thur space....like Venus was once....until it finds a home(Solar system) to orbit...etc...

We still DON'T know...what this comet is...because of leak of coverage, and news, and data...in place right now...

When you have a big object coming this close to Earth...it should be covered more...you would think?

but as you can see...it is not...only here...

This is why..?...I am able to continue...

======

http://www.physics.ucf.edu/~msk/projects/trails

=====

Earth will cross thur this dust, debris field after 3 weeks, after W1 passes in front of Earth orbital plane...

As of today...we still don't KNOW...what is behind W1...or how long it is...

also...make-up...elements...etc,...electrical effects....

=====

ub313_pluto_earth.jpg

Pardon my stupidity but wouldn't 85,000 miles across make it a planet?

Why's it gotta be a comet?

:scratchinghead:

When's it suppose to hit us?

Do I have time to pick up some beer?

Will I get in my crop this year?

Should I kiss my ass goodbye and retire to my bunker?

:dunno:

well, if it's supposed to be .017 AU away at closese approach... what is that 15 million miles or so?

then, at 85,000 miles, we shouldn't be in danger of getting side swiped

well, if it's supposed to be .017 AU away at closese approach... what is that 15 million miles or so?

Like VF said "We got lucky" ,talk about dodging the bullet.

Vet/Father,

I hope you don't mind me adding this to your thread.

'Microbes from Venus could be reaching earth every 540 days'

London (PTI): Planet Venus, written off for any sign of life, has microbes in its atmosphere which may well be reaching earth every 580 days, a Sri Lankan scientist has claimed.

"According to the latest research, the planet Venus has a microbial ecology high in its atmosphere," Professor Chandra Wickramasinghe of Cardiff University said

Wickramasinghe, a leading authority of the theory of "Panspermia" that says life on earth originated in deep space and travelled here hitch-hiking on comets, said the research was conducted by him and daughter Janaki Wickramasinghe.

Delivering the keynote address at the Annual General Meeting of the Association of Professional Sri Lankans in Britain at Baylis House in Slough, he said: "Every 580 days when the Sun, Venus and Earth are in a line, microbes from Venus can be transferred to Earth.

"The planets Venus, Earth, Mars are surely interconnected biologically and life on earth represents a connected chain of being that extends to the remotest corners of the cosmos," he said.

The second rocky planet from the sun, for a long time the bright "morning star" Venus has been talked about as a sister planet of earth and the habitat of not microbial but evolved intelligent life, some time ago.

In 1686, a French "man of letters" Bernard de Fontenelle wrote that the inhabitants of Venus resembled the Moors of Granada; a small black people, burned by the sun, full of wit and fire, always in love, writing verse, fond of music..."

But after 1960s scientists came to know the surface of the planet with lead melting heat did not resemble earth at all and was always covered with a thick layer of clouds of sulphuric acid droplets.

However, the latest researches have found a different story.

In the late 1970s and early 1980s, the idea that life is a truly cosmic phenomenon was championed by the late Sir Fred Hoyle and Chandra Wickramasinghe.

These ideas were intensely controversial at the time, but over the last two decades the Hoyle-Wickramasinghe model has been vindicated by all the space missions and laboratory discoveries that have taken place.

Life is harboured in comets (there are about 100 billion comets around our planetary system) and the injection of comet-borne bacteria introduced life to Earth and to every other habitable planet, according to Wickramasinghe's theory.

He said comets brought to earth not only life but all the life-sustaining water in earth's oceans.

The Oort Cloud, at the farthest reaches of the solar system from where the spectacular comets originate indicate it consists of organic matter, he said.

Microbial life could not only travel from the farthest reaches of the universe but also from planet to planet, he said.

At the conjunction of planets, when earth, venus and sun come to one line he said one to 10 grams of bacteria is transferred from venus to earth.

This kind of transfers could be of matter consisting of primitive life but also of evolved life.

http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/008200804301521.htm

seems to be a problem with trajectories there.

Unless, of course, they've taken in to account a constant stream coming off Venus, and we get it's pissing-in-the-wind backwash of lovely nasties.

Pardon my stupidity but wouldn't 85,000 miles across make it a planet?

Why's it gotta be a comet?

:scratchinghead:

It's hugh ! It's mostly Gases,etc.., but still waiting on NEW images, and data of size...

It's hard finding them now...

I will TRY to do my best...remember this time around...I am alone...

my friend and partner and teacher is gone...

I can use some help...here...but I can understand, so I continue laying out the basics ground works...

When others come on...I got some of the basics 101s covered, and in place....

The MOID data...min mass distance is @0.0172+ au=1.8@ million miles?

The current path of travel is(miss distance) is @ 0.21 au= 19.5 million miles...

---

ps...waiting for new images of today...to see..if it had made its slight, little turn..?

---

Vet/Father,

I hope you don't mind me adding this to your thread.

'Microbes from Venus could be reaching earth every 540 days'

London (PTI): Planet Venus, written off for any sign of life, has microbes in its atmosphere which may well be reaching earth every 580 days, a Sri Lankan scientist has claimed.

"According to the latest research, the planet Venus has a microbial ecology high in its atmosphere," Professor Chandra Wickramasinghe of Cardiff University said

Wickramasinghe, a leading authority of the theory of "Panspermia" that says life on earth originated in deep space and travelled here hitch-hiking on comets, said the research was conducted by him and daughter Janaki Wickramasinghe.

Delivering the keynote address at the Annual General Meeting of the Association of Professional Sri Lankans in Britain at Baylis House in Slough, he said: "Every 580 days when the Sun, Venus and Earth are in a line, microbes from Venus can be transferred to Earth.

"The planets Venus, Earth, Mars are surely interconnected biologically and life on earth represents a connected chain of being that extends to the remotest corners of the cosmos," he said.

The second rocky planet from the sun, for a long time the bright "morning star" Venus has been talked about as a sister planet of earth and the habitat of not microbial but evolved intelligent life, some time ago.

In 1686, a French "man of letters" Bernard de Fontenelle wrote that the inhabitants of Venus resembled the Moors of Granada; a small black people, burned by the sun, full of wit and fire, always in love, writing verse, fond of music..."

But after 1960s scientists came to know the surface of the planet with lead melting heat did not resemble earth at all and was always covered with a thick layer of clouds of sulphuric acid droplets.

However, the latest researches have found a different story.

In the late 1970s and early 1980s, the idea that life is a truly cosmic phenomenon was championed by the late Sir Fred Hoyle and Chandra Wickramasinghe.

These ideas were intensely controversial at the time, but over the last two decades the Hoyle-Wickramasinghe model has been vindicated by all the space missions and laboratory discoveries that have taken place.

Life is harboured in comets (there are about 100 billion comets around our planetary system) and the injection of comet-borne bacteria introduced life to Earth and to every other habitable planet, according to Wickramasinghe's theory.

He said comets brought to earth not only life but all the life-sustaining water in earth's oceans.

The Oort Cloud, at the farthest reaches of the solar system from where the spectacular comets originate indicate it consists of organic matter, he said.

Microbial life could not only travel from the farthest reaches of the universe but also from planet to planet, he said.

At the conjunction of planets, when earth, venus and sun come to one line he said one to 10 grams of bacteria is transferred from venus to earth.

This kind of transfers could be of matter consisting of primitive life but also of evolved life.

http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/008200804301521.htm

Thank You...

We now know...that H20 is every where in our solar system...=life

seems to be a problem with trajectories there.

Unless, of course, they've taken in to account a constant stream coming off Venus, and we get it's pissing-in-the-wind backwash of lovely nasties.

lets not forget, about strong solar winds, and magnetic lines,etc..

old comet streams...brb(like image I posted above on comet tail dust left behind)

some of these planets...like Earth..passing thur them from time to time...like a drive -thur- car wash...only slight...who knows what a planet leaves behind..s__..brb

I'm sorry Leia :rose: but the idea of the cream of Sri Lankan scientific knowledge holding a meeting in Slough is just too surreal.

Slough is just outside London, last time I went there, there was a single Mars chocolate factory and every head was turbanned. It's a complete and utter abyss of humanity.

I barely got my BMW out of there without losing the paint, and I didn't stop.

I'm sorry Leia :rose: but the idea of the cream of Sri Lankan scientific knowledge holding a meeting in Slough is just too surreal.

Slough is just outside London, last time I went there, there was a single Mars chocolate factory and every head was turbanned. It's a complete and utter abyss of humanity.

I barely got my BMW out of there without losing the paint, and I didn't stop.

Days like this, I miss Kent.

Vet Father, I don't have unlimited amounts of time to devote, and I am surrounded here by minds far more educated than mine in regards to astronomy, but..

How can I help? What sources have you been using? what exactly is the information you need?

Days like this, I miss Kent.

Vet Father, I don't have unlimited amounts of time to devote, and I am surrounded here by minds far more educated than mine in regards to astronomy, but..

How can I help? What sources have you been using? what exactly is the information you need?

Now there's a generous offer.

I would imagine that anything official will do, since it is - allegedly - scarce.

It would be useful to see some proffessional input, since this is not exactly a marble.

What time of day do they post updates?

It's Planet X !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kill your pets!!!!!!!!!!!

It's Planet X !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kill your pets!!!!!!!!!!!