Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Devon

Devon's September story now online

659 posts in this topic

36 pages of Devon?

Of 36 pages of arguing about Devon?

Either way, it is a bit much.

Devon might have socks. Devon might not have socks. Does it matter?

Does it keep people up at night?

Devon may be a good writer. Devon may not be a good writer. The same could be said for nearly anyone who writes anything.

Doesn't really matter, does it?

There are lots and lots of Devon short stories out there. Someone had to write them. If not Devon, then maybe someone known as Devon. Or maybe not.

This is part of the restlesssness of our times, I guess.

Devon Envy, as someone wrote? Or Devon loathing? Certainly is no such thing here as Devon neutrality.

Just his name launches a million words.

How many pages do you think Devon contributed?

My thought is that Devon has defiler envy. Creatively imagined groupies. Tries to force the idea that people see Devon in all things PWR.

It's really quite sad.

36 pages of Devon?

Devon may be a good writer. Devon may not be a good writer. The same could be said for nearly anyone who writes anything.

There are lots and lots of Devon short stories out there. Someone had to write them. If not Devon, then maybe someone known as Devon. Or maybe not.

Devon Envy, as someone wrote? Or Devon loathing? Certainly is no such thing here as Devon neutrality.

If Devon can inspire such strong emotional reactions, in both his followers and detractors, then he must be doing something right.

If Devon can inspire such strong emotional reactions, in both his followers and detractors, then he must be doing something right.

His followers?

:lol:

Let's name them...

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

and Danielle (who is Devon)

Charlie the Tuna (Who maybe Devon)

and whomever the Green Hornet has been bickering with (which also may be Devon).

Followers my fat ass. :lol:

His followers?

:lol:

Let's name them...

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

Devon

and Danielle (who is Devon)

Charlie the Tuna (Who maybe Devon)

and whomever the Green Hornet has been bickering with (which also may be Devon).

Followers my fat ass. :lol:

:chuckle:

Disclaimer - Pepsi ain't what I drink.

You know what I just realized?

Not one person with an avatar...(with the exception of "Danielle") has posted even

one nice or positive comment about "The Devon".

NOT ONE.

I think all the loving "guests" who are waxing prosaically about "The Devon" are merely "The Devon" himself.

More than likely, "The Devon" is also his loving "Danielle", too.

I don't know about "Charlie the Tuna".... :scratchinghead:

Oh, well. It's all good. Carry on.

:hello:

I beg your pardon.....

Although I may not jump in as frequently as some others, I am a firm backer and loyal friend to The Devon.

And I have an AV.

And I am not Devon.

So, there.

Me Devon? Me Tarzan? Me Drunk?

Me heard about GLP in fall of ‘04. Heard about it from a buddy who got out of the army that summer who ttold me about the good guys there like Porksword and King Douche. Never registered tho Porksword nearly talked me into it before the SHTF there. Then went to the Ballroom, here and the Late great Ego Central. I even became one of top tier posters at EC but then again almost everyone else was gone. When only about 4 were left it was easy to be in the 4 top.

Here I read first read some Devon stuff about money. Know that guys like Crazy Talk disaggregated with bits cause he was more doom and gloomy and seen too many of his piggy friends lost big pork in options in the long run. Read some Devon’s earlier stories which I thought were so so. But after he started adding science fiction or fantasy elements they started to roll and roll. If many of these stories were in the paperback collection I use to read a lot I’d thought they were great.

I don’t know must about what English majors look for in a story. Maybe if in 9th grade my teach she was not so damned hot looking I would have learned more about compostition that that’s another story. But I do know his writing keeps my interest just like them old short stories by Bradbury, Heinlein. Tenn, Bloch, Pohl, etc. did. Now their back then style was sometimes a little stuffy. Some later guys like Robert Anton Wilson were not. Nor is Devon's stuffy.

Maybe he thinks PWR is like that song about the big town. Take it away Frankie - “If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere, It's up to you, New York, New York.” I remember when NY was swinging around 8th Ave. and 42nd just like here at times.

Anyway I do like Devon as well as a lot of people here. Even some who do not like each other or me for that matter. As I don’t get PM’s I cans be more philosophical. Hope like Devon more people write stories or all instead of biting. The biting can be used in zombie stories. And I hope Hope don't really get ate.

36 pages of Devon?

How many pages do you think Devon contributed?

My thought is that Devon has defiler envy. Creatively imagined groupies. Tries to force the idea that people see Devon in all things PWR.

It's really quite sad.

Who's envying who?

Who cares.

You and Devon are both very good at what you do, and what you do isn't all that different.

Me heard about GLP in fall of ‘04. Heard about it from a buddy who got out of the army that summer who ttold me about the good guys there like Porksword and King Douche. Never registered tho Porksword nearly talked me into it before the SHTF there. Then went to the Ballroom, here and the Late great Ego Central. I even became one of top tier posters at EC but then again almost everyone else was gone. When only about 4 were left it was easy to be in the 4 top.

Here I read first read some Devon stuff about money. Know that guys like Crazy Talk disaggregated with bits cause he was more doom and gloomy and seen too many of his piggy friends lost big pork in options in the long run. Read some Devon’s earlier stories which I thought were so so. But after he started adding science fiction or fantasy elements they started to roll and roll. If many of these stories were in the paperback collection I use to read a lot I’d thought they were great.

I don’t know must about what English majors look for in a story. Maybe if in 9th grade my teach she was not so damned hot looking I would have learned more about compostition that that’s another story. But I do know his writing keeps my interest just like them old short stories by Bradbury, Heinlein. Tenn, Bloch, Pohl, etc. did. Now their back then style was sometimes a little stuffy. Some later guys like Robert Anton Wilson were not. Nor is Devon's stuffy.

Maybe he thinks PWR is like that song about the big town. Take it away Frankie - “If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere, It's up to you, New York, New York.” I remember when NY was swinging around 8th Ave. and 42nd just like here at times.

Anyway I do like Devon as well as a lot of people here. Even some who do not like each other or me for that matter. As I don’t get PM’s I cans be more philosophical. Hope like Devon more people write stories or all instead of biting. The biting can be used in zombie stories. And I hope Hope don't really get ate.

Oh yes and of course devon the shyster has never logged out and done some very bad things now has he? That fucker bumps his own threads and tears into others for tearing into him. He gets what he gives. Too hot in the kitchen let the fucker run out and drown in the pool.

Love,

Oh yes and of course devon the shyster has never logged out and done some very bad things now has he? That fucker bumps his own threads and tears into others for tearing into him. He gets what he gives. Too hot in the kitchen let the fucker run out and drown in the pool.

Love,

Never mind all that. What did you think of the story?

All that we see or seem

Is but a dream within a dream.

Inception??? Good movie...Have to keep your mind on a lot at the same time (Complicated Story)...

Stupid fuck- It's POE.

Get some education before you post again, douche.

Ahemm. It is the same TYPE of story as that movie...Go fuck yourself with a sharp....NO, DULL razor... :hello:

Um, yeah, but that was a -direct quote- from Poe.

You can use your stuuuupid arguments all you want to try to justify your uneducated response, but you will always look as stupid as you are.

:obamalaff: :pathead2:

As an outsider to Devon: I read and liked his last three stories. I never thought I would. I saw the pasted passages here and got kinda hooked. So I went to fictionpress.com and read his last three stories in order from his list of 40 some short stories. He writes exceptionally well. I don't know who to compare him to. He is so different than all others. Apart from the great wordsmith qualities he has there is just a lot of really unusual ideas and such in his stories. Plots and people like I have never seen before. The stories held my attention from the start to the finish.

Just my crummy 2 cents.

As an outsider to Devon: I read and liked his last three stories. I never thought I would. I saw the pasted passages here and got kinda hooked. So I went to fictionpress.com and read his last three stories in order from his list of 40 some short stories. He writes exceptionally well. I don't know who to compare him to. He is so different than all others. Apart from the great wordsmith qualities he has there is just a lot of really unusual ideas and such in his stories. Plots and people like I have never seen before. The stories held my attention from the start to the finish.

Just my crummy 2 cents.

Not crummy 2 cents.

Excellent review, IMO.

:drinkingbuddy:

I still don't see how DragonSnort fits into it? :scratchinghead:

Just my crummy 2 cents.

I've noticed that most everyone who actually takes the time to read the stories tends to like them.

Conversely, most if not all of the anti-Devon crusaders openly admit that they don't read them.

Draw from that what you will.

I still don't see how DragonSnort fits into it? :scratchinghead:

Dragonsnort is the name of a character in a few of Devon's stories that are not hard to find because they both have "Dragonsnort" in the title.

As to the connection, if any, between the character and the PWR member with a similar name, you'd really have to ask Devon.

Just my crummy 2 cents.

That's what I would say if I had a little but word spit and polish. But if you look for the best of the old scifi you'll find a lot really creative but most often in the old magazines the work style is very dry. Like with Devon's stories you got to hunt the best out. So much forgotten - Robert Heinlein "All You Zombies" really crazy for his time and this from a Annapolis grad naval guy who I'm sure would have been a admiral had not he had medical probs -TB. Or suvival stuff "A Pail of Air" - Fritz Leiber, etc.. http://bestsciencefictionstories.com/category/1950s/

On the forum main thing about Devon to me is his great stories. Back in real time in my neighborhood him just being a hometown boy would be enough to get most cheering him on. So keep on writing Devon you got a chance to be a real contender in the modern zombie like lit. world and a lot of that is just you keeping the faith you can do it. And I'll keep rooting for you and reading.

Just my crummy 2 cents.

That's what I would say if I had a little but word spit and polish. But if you look for the best of the old scifi you'll find a lot really creative but most often in the old magazines the work style is very dry. Like with Devon's stories you got to hunt the best out. So much forgotten - Robert Heinlein "All You Zombies" really crazy for his time and this from a Annapolis grad naval guy who I'm sure would have been a admiral had not he had medical probs -TB. Or suvival stuff "A Pail of Air" - Fritz Leiber, etc.. http://bestsciencefictionstories.com/category/1950s/

On the forum main thing about Devon to me is his great stories. Back in real time in my neighborhood him just being a hometown boy would be enough to get most cheering him on. So keep on writing Devon you got a chance to be a real contender in the modern zombie like lit. world and a lot of that is just you keeping the faith you can do it. And I'll keep rooting for you and reading.

A lot of the stories in the old science fiction magazines were there just to fill pages. Just the major titles alone amounted to many hundreds of story pages a month and there just wasn't enough quality material being written, even back then, to meet the demand.

If Devon had been around during the heyday of those magazines, he would have been one of the stars to be sure.

Just my crummy 2 cents.

A lot of the stories in the old science fiction magazines were there just to fill pages. Just the major titles alone amounted to many hundreds of story pages a month and there just wasn't enough quality material being written, even back then, to meet the demand.

If Devon had been around during the heyday of those magazines, he would have been one of the stars to be sure.

Devon's writing would have been considered filth and unpublishable even in Spicy Stories.

Just my crummy 2 cents.

Devon's writing would have been considered filth and unpublishable even in Spicy Stories.

Oh? Care to cite any specific examples of this alleged "filth"?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0