Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Devon

Devon's first December story now online

307 posts in this topic

Trey needs to stand up to Nikki at least once or something.

MY FAVOURITE PART IS TREY NAKED IN A CAGE AND BEING EXAMINED.

This story confirms what I have long suspected, that Trey is both good-looking and well-endowed.

Perhaps that is why Nikki keeps him around, as he doesn't seem to bring much more to the table.

In his cage, he failed to attact the gay king. Part of the story, etc.

The devon ppl are gathering, will this thread go fity pages?

What did you think of the story?

It was stupendous!!! I am an unknown Devon fan and not abashed about it.

This story confirms what I have long suspected, that Trey is both good-looking and well-endowed.

Perhaps that is why Nikki keeps him around, as he doesn't seem to bring much more to the table.

Maybe the king was going to come back for him later when the crowd wasn't around, or maybe Trey just wasn't 'twinky' enough for him.

It reads like both of them were thinking about it.

Maybe the king was going to come back for him later when the crowd wasn't around, or maybe Trey just wasn't 'twinky' enough for him.

That would be a new one. Trey has this honeymellon Nikki and would prefer a prep boy king!

I FOR ONE CANNOT WAIT FOR DEVON-S ANNUAL CHRISTMAS STORY. A REAL EVENT HERE!!!

ME NIETHER!!!!!!!!!

He always writes one. Be patient. The Dev never lets his fans down.

In a world of boring people----and you are----devon is never boring.

Are you?

Yes. I am.

The devon ppl are gathering, will this thread go fity pages?

What did you think of the story?

It was stupendous!!! I am an unknown Devon fan and not abashed about it.

I really liked it too. He has a knack for drawing you into his tales.

Here's what I'd like to see happen.

On the run from some miscarriage of justice, Nikki and Trey travel to France. Marseille specifically. Maybe even stowaway aboard a freighter to get there.

In a dockside cafe, they meet up with none other than Joey Leguay, slightly aged but still virile and nigh-irresistible to women. He spins a yarn that sets them off on some adventure but also predictably starts trying to romance Nikki.

Or something like that. It would be interesting to see what would happen if Trey had to compete for Nikki's affections with a real man of action. Maybe it would bring out the best in him.

Here's what I'd like to see happen.

On the run from some miscarriage of justice, Nikki and Trey travel to France. Marseille specifically. Maybe even stowaway aboard a freighter to get there.

In a dockside cafe, they meet up with none other than Joey Leguay, slightly aged but still virile and nigh-irresistible to women. He spins a yarn that sets them off on some adventure but also predictably starts trying to romance Nikki.

Or something like that. It would be interesting to see what would happen if Trey had to compete for Nikki's affections with a real man of action. Maybe it would bring out the best in him.

That's a very interesting concept.....I like it.

I felt the strong point of the story was in the run down apartment house. Sounds a lot worse then even the place I live in. However, the place could have used more rats and mice for effect. Devon sure is right about a hot chick being about to keep a guy warm in a cold room. I would have liked to have learned more about the America of 2012 which I take it is in the story on even bigger skids then today..

I felt the strong point of the story was in the run down apartment house. Sounds a lot worse then even the place I live in. However, the place could have used more rats and mice for effect. Devon sure is right about a hot chick being about to keep a guy warm in a cold room. I would have liked to have learned more about the America of 2012 which I take it is in the story on even bigger skids then today..

Devon is usually pretty prescient about these things. Remember how he predicted the shield bug infestation?

That would be a new one. Trey has this honeymellon Nikki and would prefer a prep boy king!

Maybe Nikki would want to join in. Men aren't the only ones who fantasize about a ménage à trois with two members of the opposite gender you know. I thought this whole scene was quite erotic actually, and was hoping Devon would take it further than he did. Oh well.

Maybe Nikki would want to join in. Men aren't the only ones who fantasize about a ménage à trois with two members of the opposite gender you know. I thought this whole scene was quite erotic actually, and was hoping Devon would take it further than he did. Oh well.

He's hinted at that sort of thing before. Brooke Nescott, Dragonsnort and Eric whatshisname.

Maybe it's in the works.

Scroogle had two links to Jabari the Magician aside from the one to PWR. One takes you to Booksie where there is a link to Scribd, which is an utter waste of time. After waiting many minutes for advertising links and images to load, I was treated to a blank box which refused to scroll or navigate in any way. The other link to Booksie loads the story beginning with Part Two which begins in midflight aboard the lurching Duckwing 480. Upon completion of reading, I found a link in the sidebar that took me to Part One, which was printed in significantly larger type with the same errors in double partially rendered lines found in the original King of Crackland posting at Inkpop. Part One ends with paragraphs repeated in Part Two. Reading the two parts out of sequence does little to detract from the flow of the narrative as Part One does little more than serve as a bridging device between The King of Crackland and the last episode of the Nikki and Trey series. Anyone who had read both previously could easily infer most of Part One from reading Part Two. The problem with Scribd may be due to my particular outdated operating system but it is a site I generally avoid for the reasons stated above.

So what did you think of the story, Tex?

He's hinted at that sort of thing before. Brooke Nescott, Dragonsnort and Eric whatshisname.

Maybe it's in the works.

Yes, I noticed that at the time too. Time will tell I suppose.

Shouting out for The Devon once again! Awesome story! So many themes wound together. I would have liked to have seen a longer ending myself, but I know how you write. A conclusion is a conclusion. Have you fallen in love with your own Nikki? I bet that has happened before in the history of fiction. All aboard Santa's sleigh for Crackland in June! Wild. Imaginative. Unique. That's you, alright. Who was this Olivia based on? She sounds like someone we know. Why don't you just up and write the History of Crackland? That would be a gripping read. Not a word yet about their economic structures. Do they float national loans on the margin, or do they have flex currency keyed to the USD? Well, I can't blame you for not writing econ into this. We get enough of that, don't we? It bothers me that Nikki is in bed sleeping (?) while Jabari (deaf and dumb?) has to sit on a hamper in a closet until she opens the door to let him out, but that is a minor point. The really good part is the legend stuff about Jabari and how part of it is really true. A new nation would need its built-in legends, that's for sure. This country was founded on a pack of lies and bullshit, George Washington, the Pilgrims and all that crap. I'm sure Crackland needs a few received myths as well. Your pacing is as usual a big draw. The sense of anticipation. Everyone wants to know what will happen next. I predict that Trey and Nikki go back to Crackland and start either a business or a revolution. Of course, if it were a revolution, Nikki would have to be the leader. Trey could tell us all about it. That is about all Trey has become these days: Nikki's documenter. Too bad you can't write poetry as you say. Collaborate with one of your admiring muses here and have him/her write some lines from Trey to Nikki. That is about the only thing Trey hasn't done yet. Just kidding. It is an outstanding story. BTW, you got some outstanding comments here too. Is this still ProxyWhore? Where did these good writers come from?

Nice work.

Dani

Heidi, Martin, Dani, Eva, Charlie, Tex and Appreciative Guests: My collective thank you to all who have read and commented on this recent continuation. I am very anguished by the fact that I have just written volumes to you all in a post that I inadvertently deleted. I'm sure everyone here knows the feeling. Now I have to start over and try to recover some of the things I said, but time is short tonight for me, so I will have to do it later. On second thought, I can do some of it now.

In summary, my accidentally deleted post acknowledged all of the excellent suggestions for improvement you each have given me with a promise to incorporate many of your ideas in 2011 in forthcoming episodes. And I mean that. The weaknesses you pointed out were very valuable to me. Your words were read, digested, and certainly not in vain.

What else did I say? Yes, that both Heidi and Martin are excellent writers and both should either continue the work they are doing or get some new stuff going on the re-uptake. I am privileged to have you both as readers. Also, I am more than grateful for the access Heidi has given me to her excellent prose. It makes me a special person and direct beneficiary of excellence! Both write reviews that are beyond compare. And I do love the ratings and reviews you gave me on the sites. Big thank you.

Damn, I hate trying to recreate my thoughts in such a short time.

I mentioned that I greatly enjoyed my episode at the beginning in the crumbling Fontaine. During my brief time as a single person (between marriages and in college) I never had a roommate. Rather I lived in decrepit flop houses like the Fontaine which were replete with a whole array of fascinating characters who now can form a part of my stories. Experience helps a lot in fiction. You all know that I love the creation of scenes.

I also brought up the idea that I blended many themes here together. These are themes that have always interested me. I am not gay, but "gay friendly," so I thought it was time to introduce some positive gay characters. I mentioned that, while I am not attracted to either skaterboys or girls, I am enchanted by skateboarding itself, which I do very poorly at my age, and I like its venues and especially its vocabulary. One of my main deleted points was to challenge you to imagine the governance of a newly discovered territory like Crackland and ask whether its owners would automatically opt for democracy over some other authoritarian form of governance. In my previous story, I referred to unrestrained immigration as the "American mistake," and I'm sure that the stakeholders in a new territory like Crackland would want to keep it a thing of their own at least until that were challenged. And I am not a racist. So it was time for a black character as well---even if he was kept in a closet (Dani, LOL).

What else did I erase? I mentioned that I'm sure I know who Eva is and that, while not being a writer of poetry, I did very much enjoy her efforts on another thread and here and that she should continue in this vein and I would become an avid reader.

I mentioned to Dani that I am not ready to incorporate econ into Crackland just yet. I have enough econ going on here, LOL.

In my previous story Alien Invasion, I challenged the idea that extra-terrestrial visitors, if they ever came on a large scale, would automatically default to world statesmen. Instead, I had them make contact through the agency of a con man and via retail. Here I challenge the idea that any new and pristine colonization would automatically default to democracy. An absurd king is just as likely a choice, IMO.

I promise a return to all the possibilities I have left open here, especially a prequel and more information on my host of characters, which do indeed inspire the reader's curiosity and desire for expansion. That is something I owe you all.

Also, I promised in my deleted post to bring Trey up closer to Nikki in status in a new and surprising way in 2011. I believe you have all been right about my obsession with the Nikki persona. Trey needs to be rehabilitated as a character, and I will do it when you least expect it. You may be pleasantly surprised, but no, he is not going to meet Joey Leguay.

I pointed out the obvious: that Eva, Heidi and Martin are patently great analyzers and writers, and that Charlie also has shown signs of being very innovative in his prose. Eva, as a poet, has shown more than casual promise. I challenge and encourage all of you to go forward, here and elsewhere. I will always be your avid reader.

Well, it is both discouraging and disheartening to try to recapture a deleted post, so, starting over to some degree, a major round of appreciation is due to all who have remained in my readership and given such trenchant and valid suggestions for improvement, and your words will not have fallen on blind eyes. It is true that I have limited my overview of situations by choosing first person narration for the Nikki and Trey series, but that duo works best for me using first person. I have this year tried to create what one commenter above has called a "Devon universe," and I have opened endless possibilities for myself and my readers. I began with Brooke Nescott and company, and the continuations worked for you. That I admit willingly and with no modesty. Please note my comment about fanfiction on Fictionpress. You are welcome and invited (and it would be a compliment to me) to continue the sagas of any of my characters and situations that you find appealing. I personally think it is a great idea, but that may be my ego speaking.

One of the things that has drawn me to the Nikki and Trey material is their relationship itself. I mean the fact they grew up next door to each other since babyhood. I never had anything of the kind, and I find the essence of their bonding very appealing in a fictional sort of way.

Finally, I promised this year's Xmas story. I am thinking about it now.

Love,

Devon

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0