Old Guard

BREAKING NEWS: Massive evacuation underway

497 posts in this topic

Harbour master's log shows how the disaster unfolded

22.06 Carabinieri (police) at Prato contact the Harbour Master’s office. A woman has called to say her mother is on the Concordia and the dining room ceiling has fallen on her and the crew have ordered passengers to don life jackets.

22.14 Harbour Master contacts the Concordia asking if it is having problems. An officer replies that it’s only a blackout which has been going on for 20 minutes and which they will fix shortly. Harbour Master asks about passengers donning life jackets, but the officer insists it’s only a power cut.

More

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/...r-unfolded.html

I read that the cruise line is offering free cruises to those who survived.

Free drive-by of Giglio included. :trot:

I read that the cruise line is offering free cruises to those who survived.

Pretty safe, prolly only 5-10% will be willing to get back on a boat in the near to medium future.

I'd sue them within an inch of their lives for having that clown drive that boat.

If he really was ordered to do that, it would be very hard to prove

Francesco Schettino, the cruise ship captain accused of steering the Costa Concordia into rocks on the island of Giglio in a reckless bid to "salute" the island, has reportedly said he was ordered to carry out the manoeuvre by ship owner Costa Crociere.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jan/2...e-island-claims

Italian=mob=insurance=racket which will always consider human life to be very expendable. Except their own of course. His fleeing the scene to the taxi driver's house was a hint that he was a bit more than 'cowardly'.

Sounds like he fucked up a very serious insurance deal or something. That one site about the crimes and shit on cruise ships really was sickening to me. I've never wanted to do one but I will never do a cruise now.

Watery tomb, Seneca. Good thing you can't take food or drink out to the USS Arizona.

Yesterday I read about two other shipwrecks around Giglio. One was an Etruscan ship (once considered the oldest known shipwreck) and the other was Motorship Maria Stella which hit a mine and killed all but one on board (1947).

Italian Cruise Ship Rescuers Find 16th Body

Rich Russians 'bribed their way onto Costa Concordia's lifeboats by stuffing wads of cash into crew members pockets'

* Search efforts continuing but officials say it will be a 'miracle' if anyone is found alive

* Hero hairdresser Giovanni Di Mauro, 35, was last to leave after helping evacuation for seven hours

* Names of confirmed dead and missing revealed in list

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-20...l#ixzz1kbIzTiR4

Seven-night cruise through France, Italy, and Spain on the Costa Concordia, only $749!

Embarrassment as American Express promotes trip on doomed liner

By Beth Stebner

Last updated at 5:05 PM on 28th January 2012

This one slipped through the cracks.

An American Express mailer was recently sent out advertising a seven-night cruise touring Italy, France, and Spain for the tantalising price of $749.

The only problem was the ship to which American Express referred was the stricken Costa Concordia, which is currently half-submerged off the coast of Italy.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-20...l#ixzz1km6onvAQ

Seven-night cruise through France, Italy, and Spain on the Costa Concordia, only $749!

Embarrassment as American Express promotes trip on doomed liner

By Beth Stebner

Last updated at 5:05 PM on 28th January 2012

This one slipped through the cracks.

An American Express mailer was recently sent out advertising a seven-night cruise touring Italy, France, and Spain for the tantalising price of $749.

The only problem was the ship to which American Express referred was the stricken Costa Concordia, which is currently half-submerged off the coast of Italy.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-20...l#ixzz1km6onvAQ

Not including Airfair, for a really crappy room?*

That's actually a great deal.

Well, except the ship is now laying on it's side in the Med.

* Always get a balcony room..... :agreed:

:hmm:

Squeeze wanted a Cruise ship for PWR to form it's own nation.

I bet he could get this one cheap.........