Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Devon

Devon's February story now online: Assimilation

150 posts in this topic

Devon's secret is to pack his tales full of little details that no one expects, like Eddie the Cool, who becomes a recurring theme in this story without the reader actually noting it until the end. Other details like Lief's teeth and the description of what Dashel (sp?) thinks the translation thingy is from his war days.

That is what you call genius.

Devon shows it every times.

At first it seemed like he was describing a real object.

Devon's secret is to pack his tales full of little details that no one expects, like Eddie the Cool, who becomes a recurring theme in this story without the reader actually noting it until the end. Other details like Lief's teeth and the description of what Dashel (sp?) thinks the translation thingy is from his war days.

Deving shows it every times, do he? That's right nice. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun talking about it at that place where they appreciates him and stuff.

:lol:

What do you think we're doing?

:duh:

At first it seemed like he was describing a real object.

It's been said before but Devon has a way of sneaking in little surprises that create suspense and sometimes shock. Like Lief shows up with Katylen and she pays him but he brings the narrator a fish.

Deving shows it every times, do he? That's right nice. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun talking about it at that place where they appreciates him and stuff.

Who's we? Got a mouse in your pocket? :laugh:

Jumping in: This is Tues. night and Dev is not working (day off). He is out with Meredith for Valentine's Day, yay!

He is getting close to his 60-th entry on Scribd and the same on F. Press where he had to keep Crackland as one story.

He posted this from home today. His desk upstairs is piled high with Valentines and candy that he won't get until tomorrow.

60 free stories for all to read and enjoy without cost!!

Danielle

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Jumping in: This is Tues. night and Dev is not working (day off). He is out with Meredith for Valentine's Day, yay!

He is getting close to his 60-th entry on Scribd and the same on F. Press where he had to keep Crackland as one story.

He posted this from home today. His desk upstairs is piled high with Valentines and candy that he won't get until tomorrow.

Danielle

I appreciate it and I have told him so on scribd. Looking back, there is not one of his tales that is not worth the read. I don't think anyone can say that on scribd except Devon.

Danielle

Oh stop. Take it to Deving's harem at Scribd where you belong.

Danielle

I appreciate it and I have told him so on scribd. Looking back, there is not one of his tales that is not worth the read. I don't think anyone can say that on scribd except Devon.

Thanks for him in his place! He'll be back tomorrow. I admit that he is a phenom. French boys are the best!!

Danielle

Thanks for him in his place! He'll be back tomorrow. I admit that he is a phenom. French boys are the best!!

Best at what? :lol:

Danielle

That is something discussed sometimes. English as a second language. How Devon does it is a mystery but he does it.

For Sale:

French Army Rifle.

Never fired. Dropped once.

Best offer.

Danielle

That is something discussed sometimes. English as a second language. How Devon does it is a mystery but he does it.

It's all so original!!

For Sale:

French Army Rifle.

Never fired. Dropped once.

Best offer.

Uh oh! Deving will arm-wrestle you for smart aleck remarks like that! Then you'll be sorry!

Danielle

It's all so original!!

Except when it isn't!!!11one11!

Danielle

It's all so original!!

Dev is original, yes. That's what everyone keeps asking him here. Where does he get his ideas? He has been around a lot but still very original.

The more things you see the more ideas you get.

For Sale:

One vintage French Army tank.

Four gears in reverse & one in forward in case the enemy gets behind you.

Best Offer.

"Dev is original, yes. That's what everyone keeps asking him here. Where does he get his ideas? [...]"

Who? When? Link or it never happened.

Danielle: A favour. Can you explain what this forum is to me? I come in because of Devon's linkings. I don't know what this board is designed for?

Who's we? Got a mouse in your pocket? :laugh:

If there's one thing this board will be remembered for in the far future it is that Devon once posted here.

You, on the other hand, could drop off the face of the planet tomorrow and be forgotten completely by next week.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chauchat

"Over time the Chauchat's poor reputation in the trenches because of the mud, dirt, and humidity to which the weapon was unadapted have led some modern experts to describe it as the "worst machine gun" ever fielded in the history of warfare. Furthermore, the gun's overall reputation was also damaged by the less than acceptable performance of the Mle 1918 Chauchat, in US .30-06 caliber, a different model which had been specifically designed and manufactured for the A.E.F. in France during World War I"

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0