Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Devon

Devon's February story now online: Assimilation

150 posts in this topic

Thanks to all for the further reads and compliments. I always like comments and reviews on the sites too if some of you feel so inclined.

To: Deanna

I answered your query as best I could on inkpop exchange. I have never been a good teacher. All I can say is use the natural imagery in your mind and try to find the descriptors that portray what you see.

Thanks for being a reader and fan. I don't get much from Inkpop, but even one like you makes its worthwhile to post there too.

Devon

There's no doubt that this is a most enlightening and uplifting thread thanks to Deving and his acolytes.

Just look at what they utter! :chuckle:

There's no doubt that this is a most enlightening and uplifting thread thanks to Deving and his acolytes.

When's the last time someone sent you a fan letter?

:cricket:

Danielle: A favour. Can you explain what this forum is to me? I come in because of Devon's linkings. I don't know what this board is designed for?

Oh, it's just a random type place where Dev and a bunch of the others used to play around. There isn't anything much of use here. Just a write what you want place. We decontract by coming here. A break from working, and so on. Apart from that and Devon - nothing. I never read anything here, neither do the others.

Danielle

Reading back over the first part of my thread, I see that my colleague characterized PWR as above. For once, I have to slightly disagree.

Although many of us pay little or no attention to the regulars here, PWR has many good aspects, its freedom of expression not being the least. That was the fun part when we were creative trolls and used guest-posted images to develop Te Awamutu Production picture stories just for the hell of it. It was fun..an end served in itself. A break from the tedium of work.

But there are some other things about PWR that many newcomers such as the person who prompted Dani's response may not know. Let me list a few:

---The entire transcript of Paula Denail's famous 2003-4 blog is preserved here, comments and all. It can be found nowhere else on the web.

---MicroNations International (a real organization) used to frequent PWR with tons of interesting stuff.

---This is one of the few remaining places where one can read current exchanges (mostly between us drop-boxers) about the internet phenomenon known as JPK/Joey.

---Two and maybe three of the leading authorities on JPK/Joey post here. I do NOT count myself as one.

---Tex Arcana used to post here.

---Grace, a compelling fictionalist author, used to post here.

---Jody Casgraine, incomparable as she was, posted here, and most of her threads are still preserved.

---Positively the leading chronicler of Joey Leguay still posts here, albeit anonymously to those who don't who know who this person is, but to those of us who do, this represents the definitive cataloguer of the wit, wisdom, insights and mysteries of the evanescent Joey Leguay.

---I have some fans here, and they are worth returning for. Not everyone has made it to my fiction sites.

---Some of us are able to keep up with others of us without alerting or offending anyone by using PWR.

---There is no reason to read or respond to anyone or anything that doesn't interest one here, no penalty for not doing so---and that includes not responding to or even noticing me. We are pretty damn anonymous, but well covered by the major search engines like Google just the same.

---The owner, if it is still SAS, is a lowkey sort of non-intrusive and basically harmless person who does not engage in a lot of political-cum-social vituperations and demands very little attention for himself.

In general, I agree with Dani, but PWR does have its virtues as I have listed above.

And if you are not interested in someone here, it is no big deal just to skip over their threads and/or posts like we do. Not everything demands a reaction, especially stuff in which you have no respect or interest.

In all, I give PWR high marks for being what it is.

Devon

Danielle: A favour. Can you explain what this forum is to me? I come in because of Devon's linkings. I don't know what this board is designed for?

Oh, it's just a random type place where Dev and a bunch of the others used to play around. There isn't anything much of use here. Just a write what you want place. We decontract by coming here. A break from working, and so on. Apart from that and Devon - nothing. I never read anything here, neither do the others.

Danielle

Reading back over the first part of my thread, I see that my colleague characterized PWR as above. For once, I have to slightly disagree.

Although many of us pay little or no attention to the regulars here, PWR has many good aspects, its freedom of expression not being the least. That was the fun part when we were creative trolls and used guest-posted images to develop Te Awamutu Production picture stories just for the hell of it. It was fun..an end served in itself. A break from the tedium of work.

But there are some other things about PWR that many newcomers such as the person who prompted Dani's response may not know. Let me list a few:

---The entire transcript of Paula Denail's famous 2003-4 blog is preserved here, comments and all. It can be found nowhere else on the web.

---MicroNations International (a real organization) used to frequent PWR with tons of interesting stuff.

---This is one of the few remaining places where one can read current exchanges (mostly between us drop-boxers) about the internet phenomenon known as JPK/Joey.

---Two and maybe three of the leading authorities on JPK/Joey post here. I do NOT count myself as one.

---Jody Casgraine, incomparable as she was, posted here, and most of her threads are still preserved.

---Positively the leading chronicler of Joey Leguay still posts here, albeit anonymously to those who don't who know who this person is, but to those of us who do, this represents the definitive cataloguer of the wit, wisdom, insights and mysteries of the evanescent Joey Leguay.

---I have some fans here, and they are worth returning for. Not everyone has made it to my fiction sites.

---Some of us are able to keep up with others of us without alerting or offending anyone by using PWR.

---There is no reason to read or respond to anyone or anything that doesn't interest one here, no penalty for not doing so---and that includes not responding to or even noticing me. We are pretty damn anonymous, but well covered by the major search engines like Google just the same.

---The owner, if it is still SAS, is a lowkey sort of non-intrusive and basically harmless person who does not engage in a lot of political-cum-social vituperations and demands very little attention for himself.

In general, I agree with Dani, but PWR does have its virtues as I have listed above.

And if you are not interested in someone here, it is no big deal just to skip over their threads and/or posts like we do. Not everything demands a reaction, especially stuff in which you have no respect or interest.

Devon

:thumb:

Danielle

Devon

:thumb:

We understand that stuff, don't we? We win. Others don't necessarily lose, but they don't win either.

Dev

The lurkers are supporting me in PMs and email. :lol:

Danielle

Reading back over the first part of my thread, [sNIP!]

Devon

tl;dr

Danielle

Devon

You forgot to mention Stevie, lol.

:roar:

The lurkers are supporting me in PMs and email. :lol:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0