Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Devon

After a long absence, Devon's new story

83 posts in this topic

France has always tried to assert at least unofficial dominion over anything 'JPK' related. It is understandable why they would want to try and squelch this story, even as heavily fictionalized as it is. Kudos to Devon for not yielding to the pressure!
We all agree. Devon is pretty fearless and the JPK stuff is open territory not the property of France or any other nation.

The pressure must have been great! Look what happened to Joey and even JPK himself. They both went to France before they faded into complete obscurity.

So they say.

It was interesting how his last story wove the JPK themes in as well as the book but told an entirely different saga. Devon can do wonders sometimes. If he wrote everything that he has seen in life, it would be beyond thrilling.

Absolutely! His full autobiography would no doubt equal or exceed his most intriguing and original works of fiction.

There is one thing about Devon that I find really amazing. Not only over time a consistent amount of excellent stories.

Here over the years there have been number of other people that have written some real entertaining ones. If they had been able to it they could have done even better. This joint could have been a real literary forum beside from its claim to fame of being just about the freest one. But the years worn em down. Me included. Life in general stuff, declining economy, health, being aware of the news behind the news, etc..

But Devon even in a high stress job keeps on chugging along. So what I'm saying is that it is his spirit which really stands out. And that spirit shows in his stories

There is one thing about Devon that I find really amazing. Not only over time a consistent amount of excellent stories.

Here over the years there have been number of other people that have written some real entertaining ones. If they had been able to it they could have done even better. This joint could have been a real literary forum beside from its claim to fame of being just about the freest one. But the years worn em down. Me included. Life in general stuff, declining economy, health, being aware of the news behind the news, etc..

But Devon even in a high stress job keeps on chugging along. So what I'm saying is that it is his spirit which really stands out. And that spirit shows in his stories

:thumb:

What a story!

The references to Agartha and the 'King of the World' remind me of one of the greatest of all 'Joey' threads: My response to you, Sir.

Anyone else remember that?

What a story!

The references to Agartha and the 'King of the World' remind me of one of the greatest of all 'Joey' threads: My response to you, Sir.

Joey Leguay

Maybe they made him rex mundi ?

What a story!

Joey Leguay

There's a thought!

It would explain his absence from the internet.

Lol that idea of it Joey sitting on a throne in Shamballa and issuing directives all thu-out the world on how thing's gonna be lol

Leave it to our Devon P. to put the rex mundi and a bald ape into his story. Good read though. Devon still has his touch.

Lol that idea of it Joey sitting on a throne in Shamballa and issuing directives all thu-out the world on how thing's gonna be lol

I'd think things would be a good deal better, were that the case.

What a story!

Joey Leguay

these old linked post are from 2002-that makes them 14 years old !!

Leave it to our Devon P. to put the rex mundi and a bald ape into his story. Good read though. Devon still has his touch.

The bald ape was a nice touch!

Yeah it was. We liked the part about the gamers bar and drinking soma piss. That is part of the soma thingy too. Devvy got that right.

Yeah it was. We liked the part about the gamers bar and drinking soma piss. That is part of the soma thingy too. Devvy got that right.

Do you speak from personal experience?

What a story!

Joey Leguay

these old linked post are from 2002-that makes them 14 years old !!

It still ranks as one of the more memorable instances of online dialogue, in my opinion.

We just don't see these kinds of posters anymore, anywhere.

No lol just a part of the old soma thing-drink mushroom piss from a monkey or person and see the next world over and then some-just as soon myself keep shit in its own realm

No lol just a part of the old soma thing-drink mushroom piss from a monkey or person and see the next world over and then some-just as soon myself keep shit in its own realm

I never understood the monkey thing. How do you force feed a monkey anything, let alone a mushroom that doesn't taste very good?

Perhaps I'm over-analyzing.

I thought this was a Becky thread for a moment. My mistake.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0