SQUEEZE A SNACK

I got your Devons right here.

29 posts in this topic

Actually a donation, and an included story about ice cream treats Jody and Eric were eating made from frozen bull semen ingots,

but That is not a story anyone wants to hear, so with permission from the original author who penned this award winning short story

I present the NON Negotiable Walmart money order winning story!!!!

And now From the annals of Squeezes library comes this epic short story:

I present to you.......................

Mauritania.jpg

In the Mind's Blind Eye

I'm going to kill a man tonight; I will take the last of many beats from his hateful heart.

We have made this trip dozens of times, through the desert. It is a long and gritty hot journey, monotonous, one step in front of the other in rhythmatic beat. Each time I see my weathered sandal one two, right left, one two, boring, quiet except for the grunting and the odd flatulence from one of the camels.

The thoughts can then race through your head faster than the sweat beads run from your brow.

My name Is Yousef. I walk at the very rear of the caravan; I see the whole picture as behind me lies an eternity of sand, yet in front of me is my whole world. If I were Akmed at the front, I would see nothing in front of me. Blank, only Akmed has an inkling of where we go. We must wait for the night so he can have something in the sky to guide him

He uses the stars. I was never taught this, but you learn from watching over and over again. So I do not envy him; he has nothing to see in front of him. Jamal, he walks in front of me, He too can see our entire existence with the exception of me. He can see our whole herd and also Akmed, but he doesn’t see me. We step to the rhythm of the beasts.

The hills now are taller horizontally than vertically. Their shadows bringing darkness to the valleys, I know soon we will be at our first of many stops on our way to our final

Destination. I can smell the wine. I can already see the drunkards staggering and begging for something you cannot give.

That's when I will do the deed. That's when I will end it. It cannot go on, the very thought of it drives me crazy.

I am tired of looking at Jamal’s back, He never says anything, and he keeps the same rhythm as me. I wonder what he thinks.

I see his dagger and pistol, dusty from the walk. I know his gun is loaded, like mine is. I've seen him shoot; he is quick and accurate. But my shot is better, I know this and he must as well.

The sun is now past the horizon and sunk into the ocean of sand. Akmed, I bet, is looking for the North Star so we can soon bed down at the oasis. Akmed is our boss. He gets the money for the delivery of the camels. We get what he pays us.

He has never told us how much he ultimately gets. I've often wondered this, but I never asked. I see the North Star now blinking on and off like a beacon.

I know we will now turn to the west and I have thought of a thousand ways to do it. No one would know as there are plenty of beggars and thieves at the oasis. Akmed will arrive first and will tie the first camel to the post, the rest are bound to each other, and he will I'm sure look for the best food.

Jamal and I will get there a few minutes later and have second choice. Food is expensive and hard to get in the middle of nowhere. I have very little money. I spent the best of it at the last stop. I see Jamal has a heavy coin bag. I could ask Jamal for a small pittance till we receive money, but if Jamal was gone I would undoubtedly get his share when we arrived for delivery, But If Akmed were to die, I could guide us and receive all of the pay and give the pittance to Jamal.

I could not decide who should be the one who dies, they both must hate me. They seldom talk to me. I could now see the lights of the fire glowing in the distance. My heart raced heavy with decision. Akmed despises me and makes me do the dirty work and always at the very back, never in Jamal’s position.

Just a few more dunes, and we would be there. Jamal must despise me because he never talks to me. He just trudges forward. Does he think like me? Does he want my share? Money is very hard to come by, and so is any work. Why is his bag always so full?

I'm very tired and hungry now, but soon I will make my move. I will rid the world of a hateful heart. I knew Akmed was now at the edge of the oasis. The camels were forming a shape as opposed to a line.

I still was unsure who it should be.

As we arrived Jamal turned to me and said, “I know at the last place you spent all your money. I was not so lucky as to get anything of value to eat, but I would gladly buy you something now.”

My mind exploded. Did I hear it right? At this moment my mind was made up. Jamal was a brother, not some kind of monster.

Jamal then said to me in a shy but polite way, “Yousef, all day I walk with only the view of a camel’s ass. I would gladly trade places with you so I can have a different view.” Again I was surprised.

I said with a matter of fact voice, “Yes, I walk all day thinking about what it may be like, and I really know there is nothing ever behind me.”

Again Jamal replied, “Yousef, I always think you are back there, and I know the reason.”

The thought of me stabbing him in the back was what I envisioned him thinking.

Jamal then said in a sincere and not so shy way, “I know you have my back and for that I would gladly walk your place.”

At that moment I knew it was Akmed that was my target, but for now hunger raged in my stomach, and Jamal was buying.

We looked for Akmed. I thought, what would Jamal think if Akmed was gone? Would he be happy? We would have more money, and he does really like me.

I saw ahead Akmed. He had a three foot sand snake, very delicious; as we approached, Akmed said, “This is the only meat they have for sale here tonight. Would you and Jamal like to share it with me?”

Now I was mad! Was he making a mockery of us? I was too hungry, and we took him up on his snake. I watched as Akmed skinned it. He really knew how to use a knife. I had a lump in my throat and thought, I will have to kill him in his sleep.

As the snake cooked over the fire, Akmed looked at me and said, “Yousef, you are always at the back following. You get to see everything. You must have lots to think about and imagine. You have things to look at. You see Jamal and all the camels.

Jamal, he sees only camels, and I get to see nothing.”

He then took out his knife and began to slice up the snake. He gave us all an equal piece.

As he handed me my piece, he proclaimed, “Same as your pay.” He then leaned over to me and said, “How about you lead the caravan tomorrow? You know the way, and we have done this many times without change.”

Jamal; asked if he could be last. Akmed said “Sure, I know you will watch my

back as Yousef had watched ours.”

At that very moment, that second, that instant in time, I realized who had the hateful heart: it was me. Yousef.

Right then I became frightened. I was the monster. It was always me. I then told them of my murderous and hateful, selfish plot.

And when I was done, Akmed then took a long drink of wine from his wineskin, then passed it to me and said, “You do not have to kill a man to take the last beat of a hateful heart.”

I passed back the wine and thanked them for being my brothers.

The fires of rage had been put out through the truths of others. I had just taken the last beat from my own hateful heart, it will now beat with txtloves.gif

Thank you for your donation, Devon.

He didn't, fool.

Wake UP.

Actually in the envelope this round was cash o la sixty bucks.

And to be honest, He did eventually send the winnings cash as well!!!

and that aint no frozen bull ingots!!!

He didn't, fool.

Wake UP.

Then who wrote that story, sage?

My bad, and I apologize, TA.

730aac48-adec-4cf4-a2cc-eec2c86ddbe1_zpsabbc8653.jpg

Damn! I was too late. Fuck!

Damn! I was too late. Fuck!

:neener:

I admit when I am wrong.

m17_zpsb362c4ae.jpg

odi3_zps3435ee4a.jpg

Ill see your serpent transformation and raise you a orgy with human parts soup ala serpent transformation for the win!!

drummajor_zps3477ae5c.jpg

Then who wrote that story, sage?

I believe Squeezie Poo wrote that story. Devon offered $50 to the AV or guest who wrote the best short story.

Squeezie Poo won the contest and the $50 prize.

SAS has hidden depths.