Devon

News of Devon from Devon. Not his imitators.

121 posts in this topic

Self promotion is for life.

Which one?

I said......never mind.

Self promotion is for life.

Which one?

I said......never mind.

What is mind? No matter.

What is matter? Never mind.

Thomas Hewitt Key, 1799-1875, Punch Vol 29, 19 (1855)

Devon has published nearly a hundred stories and one novel since he came here some years ago. You can google "Devon Pitlor" and get dozens of pages and links. IMO, his stories were always the most original and compelling of any of the new wave writers. Everything for free to download too. Never charged anyone a cent. English is his 2nd Language? Amazing! His economic predictions and observations have always been straight to the core too. Devon was a real resource. There have been others and we have lost them too, but it sounds like Devon has a good reason to bail. Retirement, divorce, new consulting job, return to his country and so on. So this ain't a flounce. Let him continue to dish some stories in English. He writes better in our language than us natives.

Here's hoping they find you deadhHere's hoping they find you dead with a large market cuke shoved firmly up your ass, OPie. :flip:

Devon has published nearly a hundred stories and one novel since he came here some years ago. You can google "Devon Pitlor" and get dozens of pages and links. IMO, his stories were always the most original and compelling of any of the new wave writers. Everything for free to download too. Never charged anyone a cent. English is his 2nd Language? Amazing! His economic predictions and observations have always been straight to the core too. Devon was a real resource. There have been others and we have lost them too, but it sounds like Devon has a good reason to bail. Retirement, divorce, new consulting job, return to his country and so on. So this ain't a flounce. Let him continue to dish some stories in English. He writes better in our language than us natives.

I would hope he'd do MORE writing in retirement, not less.

It always seemed like something he really enjoyed.

Here's hoping they find you deadhHere's hoping they find you dead with a large market cuke shoved firmly up your ass, OPie. :flip:

Did your finger slip perhaps?

It's the end of an error.

It's the end of an error.

How about you? You planning on doing any more writing, Tex?

End of the Devon Era. Maybe the start of a new one? Devon will be missed.

Yeah! I did that since 2008. Lots of writing because of lots of spare time. The old fireman theory. We were only here when needed, so lots of free time for writing. Some of the responses here and on my sites say keep it up in English, so I probably will. I have to get re-settled first. Leaving Abidjan soon for my native La Rochelle. France will be like a foreign country to me after all these years in the USA. I wanted to catch up with my writing for French audiences, but I have to say that the flood of positive comments on the Anglophone sites has had me overwhelmed for years. I probably will write LOTS more starting next year. Right now I have to tie up loose ends, etc. The loose ends of one's life, etc. Gets in the way of creativity. Yes, some indie proposals have looked all right to me, but most don't. I prefer action to inaction, as my readers know. The indie guys like long shots of practically nothing....like a lipsticked broad smoking an unfiltered fag for two minutes. One can say, at length, that SOMETHING always happens in my stories. Of all the many, many things I have posted on my sites, the film-makers have really centered on three or four that they want to buy (for cheap). The primary one is BOFFO THE ELEPHANT AND THE DRAMAS OF GRETCHEN LOCK, which I will have to say is kind of an opus magnus from last year. The other is always CREATIVE WRITING FOR SENIORS, a story that I conceived in my mind over twenty years ago. But they like the others too. As someone said, you can't do paragraphs here any more, but as for links for those uninitiated to my stories, the new method is just good old google. I'm all over the place. Here in COTE D'IVOIRE, internet connections are dodgy. So maybe no contact for a while. But I'll be back.. Some of you have convinced me of that. I don't want to forget twenty-five plus years of English. INCIDENTALLY, the greatest single writer ever to appear on Anglophone forums was Joey Leguay, who was----unfortunately and with envy----not me. One person to my knowledge preserves Joey. A hero, IMO. I hope that if ever the web vanishes, Joey Leguay, my inspiration, will outlast it. There was and is nothing like him anywhere. Some of you know that. The chosen few. SO WATCH FOR ME. I will be back. I understand that not everyone can read my language, so I'll willingly and joyfully write in English. LOVE TO ALL, Dev

Wow. Devon really is retired! And moving.

:jawdrop:

Why La Rochelle? Your writings always suggested that you'd outgrown it.

He said he'd go back to his native town. Lots of people do that. Then he will get re-inspired and start writing again. New stuff in both English and his first language French. Wait a little time, and it will all be good. Trust us here. We know Devon. How his mind works. Fun, conversation, arm-wrestling, poontang--romance---and then fiction in that order....followed only weakly by our avocation to econ. But he made the big sausage on that one while writing everything he did. So he go a big package and a nice little African apartment in Abidjan where he can tell the CEFA states more about their fiscal specie than they could ever hope to know., Once back in La Rochelle, you can believe he will start writing again as well as do shit for the DGSE, as he has always done but denies. All we can post here today is what still on the wall by his empty desk, revered by all.

j9f0.jpg

You might as well have just logged in as yourself :stoner:

Seconded and thirded by this whole staff Yay!! Yay!! Yay!!: j9f0.jpg

I have an idea: Start your own web site where you, your socks, and your admirer can both do whatever you want without fear of heckling.

I have an idea: Start your own web site where you, your socks, and your admirer can both do whatever you want without fear of heckling.

When did The Devon even take notice of or fear heckling? Never happened here or anywhere else. Anyway, he's got the life he wanted now, and the rest of us just go on.

So when is the big move?

He's already in Abidjan. He'll finish that gig soon and go back to France in a month or two. That's his stated plan anyhow.

The Gorn has ignored the large font. Is someone removing her contribution to this message board? Weird.