Devon

My 70 stories in paperback are now online

957 posts in this topic

Delon, Delon, Delon!

cpgbIPI.png

Delon was what we called a "minet" but he was a hearthrob in his own day. A real swooner for girls twenty years older than me. He moved for tax reasons to Suisse and even affected their accent, avoiding the "banlieue" accent of his native Ile de France (Sceaux) accent. He must be about 80 by now.

Devon has published three volumes of his book THE STRANGE FICTION OF DEVON PITLOR. It is on authorhouse.com, amazon.com and many other publication websites. JUST GOOGLE IT.

:rolleyes:

What can I say? I added just another element to this forum over the years, and now there are the books if you want them. I've said a million times that my stories are not for everyone. Some people read and other don't. And tastes vary. What does it really matter if you don't like my English prose?

This forum still has multiple uses, doesn't it?

Remember the great ones: Joey Leguay, Jody Casgraine, MNI, etc.

Would the forum have been better without them?

Would the forum have been better without me and my fiction and my occasional econ posts?

Should it be dedicated to a certain kind of interchange?

Are parody and satire wrong here?

Is divergent thought wrong?

Up to you to answer.

Forums are on the way out. The kids are not using them as they once were. Somehow PWR has managed to endure.

Maybe it was the diversity after all? I don't know.

I know that I personally do not care to read, think about or respond to 99% of the stuff I see here, and I certainly understand when others feel the same way about me.

Diversity is still the key I think.

And BTW, everything I have in the books is still available FOR FREE on the fiction sites.

So no big deal, unless someone wants to make it one.

I see that some people get called by my name from time to time. That too is not a big deal. I hardly notice.

I have a certain following here. Is it wrong that I notify them of my stuff?

Or should I post a recipe or some misleading stuff about the collapse of civilization?

Buy or (later) download my stuff if you want.

If not, no harm done.

Love,

Devon

Fair assessment.

You always seem fair.

Love Devon's stories. Can't wait to buy his new books. Hope everyone buys them.

No one can write like Devon. I dare anyone to say anything negative about his creativity.

Wow, Devon. You finally published your stories. I didn't think you would ever get around to doing that. What motivated you do take your free stories and put them in books?

Love Devon's stories. Can't wait to buy his new books. Hope everyone buys them.

I do too!

Wow, Devon. You finally published your stories. I didn't think you would ever get around to doing that. What motivated you do take your free stories and put them in books?

He said "It was time." That was all he told us. The internet is not very permanent. Books are. Good news is that Devon plans to write more---and for free as usual. Right now, he can't use both hands.

No one can write like Devon. I dare anyone to say anything negative about his creativity.

He has a gift, that's for sure. There is nobody else quite like him. :stoni1: :stoni1:

Awesome news - I just bought your books. Wish you could autograph them for me.

Will you publish your novel, INVASION OF CRACKLAND, too?

Will you publish your novel, INVASION OF CRACKLAND, too?

Yes. Sometime before the end of the year. I want to write a few more stories to go with it.

Appreciation for your support as always.

NLI, Devon

The+Strange+Fiction+of+Devon+Pitlor%3A+Volume+III.jpg

THE NAME OF DEVON PITLOR WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.

We wish he were back here.

....and he dedicated it to one of the most all-pervasive and mysterious writers ever to drift onto the web!

....and he dedicated it to one of the most all-pervasive and mysterious writers ever to drift onto the web!

Devon's paperbacks will get shelf space in my home. Good job.

Whoa is me, I may never be able to cope with your distain for me. Maybe prayer can help!!!

Does this mean you won't be purchasing a copy?

The format leaves something to be desired (I'd prefer quality hardbacks, with sewn bindings and dust jackets), but I'll still buy a set. Everyone should.

:thumb:

If you took credit for the Jody stuff, I might consider your writing worth a shit.

Look where it got Mark. He's a fucking idiot with his own tv show.

OH wait, you didn't write any of the Jody stuff. You were a late to the party wanna-be. I gotcha.

Neffarmind.

The "Jody stuff" should be published too. Hint. Hint.