Devon

My 70 stories in paperback are now online

957 posts in this topic

How come there aren't 100 stories?

Where do you get your unusual names in your stories? Some of them are strange, like Dragonsnort and Tyshawn?

I'm curious about this one in particular.

How come there aren't 100 stories?

Patience.

When is Devon gonna write a story about H.T. Flouncerton, with cameo appearances by U.C., and Scott, the Helper Monkey™?

When is Devon gonna write a story about H.T. Flouncerton, with cameo appearances by U.C., and Scott, the Helper Monkey™?

Let's hope never. That stuff isn't worth a backward glance.

Where do you get your unusual names in your stories? Some of them are strange, like Dragonsnort and Tyshawn?

He started Dragonsnort in the second Brooke Nescott story. A very interesting character. Maybe one that should be developed more. But only The Devon can say. When he made Dragonsnort a tree in a later story, it raised some eyebrows with us. Devon never did elaborate on the name. A few people were offended by the second Brooke story and how Brooke met Dragonsnort and especially when and on what important day---which is satirized and maybe should not be. But in all, a great character and a good read.

As for the origin of the name, you'll have to wait for Dev himself to come back and explain.

Devon's mind works in curious ways. The stories all reflect that.

Let's hope never. That stuff isn't worth a backward glance.

OK, maybe just H.T.?

REGARDING JODY CASGRAINE: PWR might well consider a publication of her combined threads (found in the Devon folder) minus the Mussolini posters, etc. Just Jody by herself. There is a wealth of literature there. It belongs to PWR.

I wish Jody would log back in.

I wish Jody would log back in.

Me too. But she hasn't for years.

Why not, I wonder?

She must be still alive, right?

Why not, I wonder?

She must be still alive, right?

Impossible to tell. I hope she is all right. A very creative mind. Somebody, like Devon, actually worth reading.

Devon is also an immortal?

He started Dragonsnort in the second Brooke Nescott story. A very interesting character. Maybe one that should be developed more. But only The Devon can say. When he made Dragonsnort a tree in a later story, it raised some eyebrows with us. Devon never did elaborate on the name. A few people were offended by the second Brooke story and how Brooke met Dragonsnort and especially when and on what important day---which is satirized and maybe should not be. But in all, a great character and a good read.

As for the origin of the name, you'll have to wait for Dev himself to come back and explain.

Devon's mind works in curious ways. The stories all reflect that.

There is a poster here at PWR named Dragonsnort.

The PWR poster is named DragonFlameSnort.

Not exactly the same.

I doubt The Devon would name a character after a Pwr poster.

Not even H.T. Flouncerton is afforded that honor.

At least not yet.

Still reading volume I. Your stories are creative- love your vocabulary and themes.

Dragonsnort was always one of the main characs in the Brooke stories. A very compelling creation on the part of Mr. Pitlor.

The Brooke stories are great but not my favourites because the charac of Brooke herself so much resembles what I have always thought to be Devon's own axes to grind. She is like Devon's way of expressing his disgust and boredom with life. His existentialism, etc. But that should not stop anyone. Lots of authors have a special mouthpiece.