Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JodyCasgraine

La Giovinezza...some thoughts

5,673 posts in this topic

In one of your previous posts, you mention "The Negro of Lostwood"..

And that people have said that you die, right after seeing the Negro.

Is there anymore to that story?

One only <<dreams>>> of the Negro of Lostwood. After the dream, you die.

Jody

Like where?  Somewhere in the mid-block of Nullchester Street?  24.gif

Oh, Sandra, we are ON Nullchester Street.

Do you know it? Things get pretty lively here around this time of year. Isn't this December 11th? Do you know that tomorrow is a big holiday?

A big, big holiday.

Nullchester Street will have cars blowing their horns and someone will walk a dry-cow down the street with a nameplate hanging from its neck.

Jody

Feast of the Virgin of Guadalupe - December 12

Thanks for the reminder - we'll be avoiding Olivera Street on Monday!

Oh, Sandra, thank you for posting that. Oh, that wretched and deceitful Cadorna! He betrayed an entire generation of Italian boys, and one amongst them that I loved, even at 13!

Let Caporetto never be forgotten!

I love you for posting that, Sandra!

Jody

Is this African-American of Lostwood, North Dakota damned.gif

Is this African-American of Lostwood, North Dakota damned.gif

No one knows whence hails the horrid Negro of Lostwood. He comes in dreams, and is to be feared. Once someone has dreamt of the Negro of Lostwood, that person must die. And all have whom I have known thus far.

Last week, Millicent Duborovny from the milk station came into Rick's and said she had dreamt of the Negro of Lostwood. We all laughed. Rick laughed so hard his big belly shook. But within two days from that moment, Millicent stepped in front of Chlorox tanker bound for Dirtpool and was smashed beyond recognition. They had to keep her box covered at the funeral even.

To dream of The Negro of Lostwood is to die.

Jody

No. Nothing quite so interesting in North Dakota as harbingers of death that come in your dreams.

Just something Jody mentioned in one of her posts.

More news: The Negro of Lostwood was seen today roaming through the subdivision. This is always a bad sign.

They say you die right after dreaming about The Negro.

And you may have picked up on my interest in all things paranormal. :)

I was hoping there might be some legend or mythos about it.

Jody,

Do you blog all of this? If not you should consider it as you certainly have a way with the written word!

No. Nothing quite so interesting in North Dakota as harbingers of death that come in your dreams.

Just something Jody mentioned in one of her posts.

More news: The Negro of Lostwood was seen today roaming through the subdivision. This is always a bad sign.

They say you die right after dreaming about The Negro.

And you may have picked up on my interest in all things paranormal. :)

I was hoping there might be some legend or mythos about it.

Blanket -

Bring me up to speed -

Are JPK, JL, EMS and JC all connected??????

In other words, do they all fall under the same skirt/poblanas??

Jody,

Do you blog all of this?  If not you should consider it as you certainly have a way with the written word!

Why thank you, Sandra! No, I do not blog. I wanted to write an on~line paene to Eric Fletcher after he invented a urine-powered motor, but I sleep late and here at Rick's my computer time is interrupted by customers. I switch the computer back to cash register and I need to log in again. It works that way. I can't just minny it .

When I wrote that The Negro of Lostwood was "seen" in a subdivision, I meant that as seen and talked about in dreams. Many people in Five Forks have interconnected dreams. Their is an entire dream community here, along with the regular daytime community.

Jody

Very Twin Peaks-ish, JC.

Just make sure you don't run through a Visa card order when you're trying to post here at PWR! chuckle.gif

The other girl on~line tonight asked about the Legend of the Negro of Lostwood.

They say he came here long ago. A drifter some say from the high meadows. Others claim he was an ex-slave who had lived through many turbulent lifetimes. He was seen when I was a child, though I never personally saw him. Now he appears only in dreams.

It is well known that "to dream of old negroes brings bad luck," but to dream of the Negro of Lostwood brings Death Itself.

Ah, there goes the Giovinezza again! How I love that march. Did you know that the word "giovinezza" means "youth?" Mussolini was for the young in strength and spirit. How I miss the Italia of my first and much better lifetime!

Jody

I know that "mangia" means "eat."

Thank you Jody. I appreciate the background on the story. :)

jeezus...it is nice!!! i found a short version at http://exordio.com/1939-1945/Sounds/giovinezza.html and played it...is that what you have on the muzak, jodie? nice

We have the full version on this CD, which is called Axis and Fascist Marches of the Period 1920-1945.

I am glad to have brought La Giovinezza to one person on~line. It was our anthem back then. Mussolini Youth. I'd love to get out of this life and go back.

I wish I had more to share. Tomorrow will be a slow day. The Pig-Killer brothers are coming to slaughter a live wood-hog for Rick. A wood-hog is a boar that has been living in a thicket to eat chestnuts and become fat and sweet. The Pig-Killer Brothers will cut its throat on the back parkinglot and they will probably bathe in its blood as it dies. They always do that. The last time they killed a big boar here, they both had visible erections.

Ah, there goes the Giovinezza again!! And these serfs think it is Xmas music.

Jody

A question: Every time I switch the cashregister back to internet in order to post here the messaging board comes up with a Merry Chistmas and a picture of a naked old man wearing convenience-store Santa-Clausery accessories. Why IS that. I find it a repellent image.

I cried so much tonight remembering Caporetto and reading Sandra's account of it which she posted that my China Poblana blouselet is wet with salty, bitter tears.

I wish I could figure out how to post a picture from the internet. Gabriele D'Annunzio was the handsomest man who ever lived, and I want to prove it, but I don't know how.

Jody

I think it's the farmer's tan (think silage) that makes me cringe the most when I see the dimestore bedecked Santa.

Gabriele D`Annunzio was born in Pescara (Abruzzi), in Central Italy on the Adriatic coast. His father was a clerk, wealthy landowner, and later mayor of the town - his name was originally Francesco Rapagnetta, but he legally added the 'D'Annunzio' to his name.