Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JodyCasgraine

La Giovinezza...some thoughts

5,673 posts in this topic

Thank you Jody. I appreciate the background on the story. :)

You seem like a nice lady, so I'll warn you: Try to avoid dreams of The Negro of Lostwood. If one comes to you in the night, you will die within days forward.,

Ah, there goes the Giovinezza again!

Memories.

Memories of another lifetime.

I'm finished crying quietly over Caporetto. My tears are all shed many decades ago in a different life.

It is past three. Pretty soon I'll be off. I wonder if Eric will come over?

I think I'll leave the CD in the system, so it will play La Giovinezza and the Horst Wessel Lied all day Sunday.

This town needs a few blackshirts.

Jody

Oh, Sandra, a thousand thanks!!!! I wish I knew how to post pictures. Just to see Gabriele again makes me tingle all over and get dizzy. I knew him a little. He came to my father's optometry shop when I was a child. How I loved him then. He became Italy's greatest hero!

A dashing man, the type of which there are none today in this lifetime!

Love you, Sandra.

Jody

Jodie, hope you see this before you go home. You must have had a really sucky re-integration trainer. You write 'negro' when that's not the word we use now. You write all kinds of old fashioned stuff. Who was your scoutmaster/pediatrician/trainer, anyway? Did a horrible job. Just wanted to let you know. Modern Americans don't take very well to your Italian Fascism these days either. Who was your trainer?

Got some serious concerns. Re-integration ain't easy, but you make it really bad.

The random nature of Full Jumpers. No practical value to anyone. A Mussolini Italian. Still fulminating over the defeat at Caporetto. Just anyone can turn up. Anyone. Sad.

Strange world. In a greasy diner somewhere in America's bleak heartland the Giovinezza is playing over and over again in an endless loop for the pleasure of dullwitted farmers and sheep fuckers playing around with their ketchup, bacon and scambled egges on chipped plates and drinking coffee drained through sausage fat.

Strange world. In a greasy diner somewhere in America's bleak heartland the Giovinezza is playing over and over again in an endless loop for the pleasure of dullwitted farmers and sheep fuckers playing around with their ketchup, bacon and scambled egges on chipped plates and drinking coffee drained through sausage fat.

http://musi.ca/refer/giovinez.MP3

plays nice...kindly hip hop...y-cop?

You beat me by a minute or two.

It has a kind of haunting quality to it. I can see why she would like it. Italy's youth all lined up in pretty uniforms. Taking trains and boarding boats to die in Somalia. The springtime of fascism. Just wonderful.

A grim warning to the young in our Mexican Army of the US: War is never fun. Death awaits you in Mesopotamia. There is no winniing. Only songs and the muffled sounds of your youth being cut short.

Let them listen to it again. They are all dead now. Dead in Africa along with the krauts. Dead in their own country. Blown to shreds. A generation wasted.

11:21 pm. Still listening to the Giovinezza and still wondering.

Wondering what?

"In 1922, Benito Mussolini set up a fascist dictatorship in Italy. The party song of his party, "Giovinezza" was also recognized as a secondary national anthem (like the German Nazi party song "Horst Wessel Song" was used as a secondary anthem in Germany during the war.) After his removal as prime minister, the anthem was used as the sole anthem of the Italian Social Republic, the German puppet state in Northern Italy that had Mussolini as it's head, from 1943 to 1945."

Monitoring board can be a bitch. Was only a matter of time before the Ancient Immortals and Full Jumpers made it around to here. What brought them? I never thought it would come with an Italian fascist anthem though. That's the only surprise.

eeD eeD

"What brought them?"

Is this is a real question, or a rhetorical one?

A real question. Very real. Makes my job even more fatigueful. These people go everywhere and pop up unexpectedly.

Diane (can't recall my Decay password, too tired to find it)

The gateway goes both ways, eh? Only fair, really.

Everything here is easily found on Google. But, it's not meant to be kept a secret.

To be honest, I love JPK's entire premise and adventure and said as much.

Peace.

Everything here is easily found on Google. But, it's not meant to be kept a secret.

Peace.

I've been an insider for too long. I'm starting to regret ever meeting Joey. I can't believe I just typed that. Must be fatigue. Too many people are in on this non-secret today. It has endured peacefully across the centuries, but now the info explosion has changed everything. The Guardians are no longer effective, and they are always recruiting new Guardians. IT types as well. That leave me out once again. I'm lucky to be able to turn the damn computers on. The network stretches across the world. I received an e-mail today from Sri Lanka, for example. Nothing big. Just a Guardian looking for another Guardian.

Key innocently opened a new era of information exchange. That was a Pandora's box to be sure.

We can't just make everyone look silly or scream drugs and hoax like we used to. Joey changed that. So did Paula. The more we say hoax, the more people discover that it is not really a hoax. So we admit more and more to the buried info sites, etc. The thing is getting out of hand.

I say "peace" to you too, but, you know that with this, you will never find peace.

Sorry. I speak from experience.

Sometimes it's time to just go home and go to bed.

Dee Dee

Peace.

Daleth,

You were seen using this name (there can be only one) on Unexplained Mysteries. Guess you know that. Warning: Don't get too close to Aproz. He and his so-called wife are really a front for Rusty Bohannon in Minnesota who is just seeking information to see what everyone else knows.

Old Micronations name was Zorpa. Not much hidden there.

Sure, we all know about the Giovinezza. It's just that full jumping is so damn random. This China Poblana person has no agenda. Just a blatherer. Has to say something. They are warned to do otherwise. In the past, they were burned at the stake for saying a tenth of what she has already said. Today there is great anonymity.

Just peachy to be confronted with an old blackshirt girl from D'Annunzio's Adisti!

Why couldn't the loose lips have been on a more pertinent person?

Diane

Why couldn't the loose lips have been on a more pertinent person?

That is the question for the ages.

Sorry you are tired; sometimes it is best to unplug and go to bed.

Ah, the electronic age...love it and hate it. Don't fear it, understand it.

A more pertinent person? I think that said adoration and passion, if you will, makes Jody almost a tragic figure...trapped in emotional longing.

That said, aren't we all trapped in some way?

Sorry you are tired; sometimes it is best to unplug and go to bed.

Ah, the electronic age...love it and hate it. Don't fear it, understand it.

A more pertinent person? I think that said adoration and passion, if you will, makes Jody almost a tragic figure...trapped in emotional longing.

That said, aren't we all trapped in some way?

Don't know whether you or blanket are still reading. I am, as usual, "sleepless in Delaware."

Listen, whoever Jody is, she is a tragic person. I hope she reads this as well as my guest comment yesterday about the failures of her re-integration. That may have given her a clue. I hope so.

Gives a whole new meaning to what Joey used to say about children on the telephone like adults. They banned that thread on Urban Legends, lol.

Jody must not have stayed on the telephone long enough when she was a kid. Whoever her Italian trainers were didn't explain things well enough to her. Now she's attracted a small following to her accursed Giovinezza. Things that in themselves were better left buried.

If she is indeed playing and replaying the Giovinezza in some cafe out west, then she will be caught. By whom I'm not sure. No, I can't really say. I can guess like everyone else.

I did not make the other guest posts which followed like the one about "Mesopotamia." I did not post the link to the music of the Giovinezza. What that means is that someone (s) is watching. Always watching.

Jeez, I'm tired.

Dee Dee