Anomalous events in Dayton/Liberty County Texas

5 replies to this topic

#1 Cassandra

For I tell you truly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,122 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:35 PM

Mother and son have road encounter in rural Liberty County.

Occurred October 14, 1990 (Submitted August 27, 2003)Witness Observation

My mother and I and one of my friends were traveling north on FM 1008 between Dayton and Kenefick TX. I believe it was late evening or early night. All three of us watched a very tall creature completely covered with hair from head to toe stand at the side of the road and disappear into the woods. All three of us saw the same thing. I will talk to my mom and get her to recall the incident.

Additional Observations
Tall and hairy.

Time and Conditions
8:00 pm - Clear, late evening. Mixed woods.

Investigator's Comments
Daryl Colyer

This investigation was conducted as a result of an incident that allegedly occurred in Liberty County, Texas, in 1990.

I talked with the mother and son regarding this sighting. I was unable to reach the third witness.

The witnesses described the creature's face as "creepy" and "not human." The coloration was unclear. "Dark" was used to describe the subject as "brownish-black." The encounter did occur at night and it was very short-lived. The son, who was not driving, reported that he saw the subject turn and walk into the woods on the same side that it was standing as their car passed.

The mother asked whether or not the subject could have been a bear, but the son told her that in no way was it a bear; it was clearly bipedal, quite large, was very tall, dark and hairy with a "creepy" face.

This general location has continued to generate sightings right up to present day.

http://www.texasbigfoot.org/reports/report/detail/248
It is the desire for God which will bring you closer to God. If you take one step, He will take one hundred steps to receive you.

~Sant Kirpal Singh

#2 Cassandra

For I tell you truly

• Members
  • 34,122 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:47 PM

Off-duty police officer has midnight encounter on FM 1008. (I live off of 1008 ~Cass)

Occurred October 1, 2002 (Submitted November 8, 2006) Witness Observation:

I am a police officer. I was traveling northbound on FM 1008 and there was an 18-wheel truck in front of me at the time and we were traveling at approx. 55 mph. I observed a large creature in an upright position run out of the tree line on the east side of the highway. It ran in front of the big truck in front of me. The truck braked and swerved to the east side of the road and the creature was unharmed and cleared the road and ran into the tree line on the west side of FM 1008. From what I could see this creature appeared to be as tall as the cab of the 18-wheeler, maybe 8 feet and was very bulky and covered in hair. I estimated the speed at which it was running to be around 35 mph with extremely long strides.

There are other police and fire services members in the Kenefick area that have seen this creature, and I have personally heard numerous stories of sightings. If I had not seen first hand, I would not have believed it myself.

Time and Conditions
12:00 am - 12 AM, clear. Wooded, vegetable gardens, cattle, goats, wildlife.

Investigator's Comments
Daryl Colyer

This interview was conducted at a result of a reported sighting of an unidentified, large, hairy biped that allegedly occurred in Liberty County, Texas in October 2002.

As indicated in the initial report, the witness is a police officer who, while off duty on an October night in 2002, was traveling on Farm to Market Highway 1008, north of Kenefick. The witness remarked that he was perhaps following too closely behind a big rig at a distance of perhaps 40 feet. Out of the corner of his eye, to the right, he caught sharp movement of something large and upright emerging from the dense woods. The witness recalled seeing the unidentified figure bolt out onto the highway immediately in front of the 18-wheeler. He recalled seeing the big truck's brake lights light up before seeing the truck swerve to miss the subject. Then, the large figure very quickly continued on across the highway before disappearing into the woods to his left.

It was the witness's perception that the figure was tall and covered with grayish hair. The witness was certain that the figure was a biped and moved extremely fast, perhaps 30 to 35 miles per hour. The witness could not recall much in the way of detail; the event was estimated to have lasted only a few short seconds. The witness was impressed by the height of the figure. Using the cab of the 18-wheeler as a gauge, the witness estimated the subject's height to be possibly as much as eight feet. Because of the figure's speed, overall size and height, and the fact that the subject nearly collided with the 18-wheeler, the witness categorically ruled out the possibility of a hoax.

In retrospect, the witness wishes that he had slowed down or even stopped to get a second or better look. He also wishes that he had flagged the big rig down somehow to get the truck driver's perspective. However, the witness told me that what he saw greatly intimidated him, and at the time, he had absolutely no plans for stopping. He carried a .45 semi-auto handgun with him, but the sidearm gave him little or no security after having witnessed such an incident.

The witness has told others of the event. Some have accepted it, while others have been skeptical, and still others have been scornful. The witness does not care; he was quite skeptical himself before the encounter.

The witness also told me of an individual in the area who, years before, was known to perpetrate hoaxes from time to time but apparently was apprehended before being nearly shot while wearing a costume.

The area in which this encounter allegedly occurred continues to generate reports of this nature. Liberty County and the surrounding counties in Southeast Texas (Polk, San Jacinto, Montgomery, Hardin, Walker, Tyler, Trinity, Newton, Jasper, rural or lightly-developed Harris) continue to be the most prolific in Texas for reports of encounters with sasquatch-like creatures. If verification of an unlisted upright primate species is to occur in Texas, in my opinion, it will most likely happen in this area. The alleged road-cross sighting documented in this report may indicate that verification could be only a big rig away.

http://www.texasbigfoot.org/reports/report/detail/340
It is the desire for God which will bring you closer to God. If you take one step, He will take one hundred steps to receive you.

~Sant Kirpal Singh

#3 Cassandra

For I tell you truly

• Members
  • 34,122 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:55 PM

"missile or rocket" launched from Liberty County nearly impacts Continental Airlines plane in May 2009:

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/09060..._liberty_county

"missile or rocket" launched from Liberty County nearly impacts Continental Airlines plane in May 2008:

http://tfomd.com/missle-fired-at-continent...lane-texas.html

~Sant Kirpal Singh

#4 Cassandra

For I tell you truly

• Members
  • 34,122 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 01:01 PM

Cash-Landrum UFO event occurred here also:

Excerpt:

The object hovered about sixty feet over the road, and Vickie screamed for Betty to stop the car, afraid that they would be burned to a crisp if they drove under the object. As Betty stopped, Vickie put her hand on the dashboard, and something, perhaps intense heat from the object, caused her fingerprints to be permanently imbedded in the soft, vinyl dash. The trees that the object had passed over were surprisingly not on fire, but were later described them as very brown and smoldering. Betty got out of the car to get a better look at the object but, was unable to see it very clearly due to the bright light emitted by the flames belching from the bottom. It looked as if it was made from dull aluminum and glowed so bright that it lit up the surrounding forest like daylight. The four points of the diamond were blunt rather than sharp and blue spots or lights ringed its centerline. Had the UFO not come to rest over the road the cone of fire from its lowest point would have set the forest on fire. The craft, many times larger than the car remained hovering at tree top level, sending down an occasional large cone of fire like the fiery blast of a rocket. In between these blasts it would settle downwards some 7.5 meters or so only to rise up again on the next cone of fire. Vickie described it as being "like a diamond of fire". As she stood watching the craft, suddenly the sky was full of helicopters. Betty said, "They seemed to rush in from all directions...it seemed like they were trying to encircle the thing." She assumed that they were from Tomball Airfield, northwest of Houston, or Ellington Air Force Base, south of Houston. The eerie object now began to lift into the air, and proceed to the southwest, with helicopters in pursuit. At this vantage point, the two ladies could actually count the number of copters in the air, 23. Aircraft from the nearby airfields could have been the single engine Bell-Huey.

As Betty returned to the car, the door handle was so hot she could hardly touch it, the heat nearly burning her hand. Using her coat sleeve, she managed to get the door open and climbed in. After the object had left the area, they restarted their vehicle, hoping to get home and never see the craft again. But after several miles of dark highway, they left the Farm to Market road in favor of the freeway. Ahead in the distance, they could again see the object with its bright lights illuminating the helicopters which were still trying to encircle it. When the effects of the bright light had worn off, Betty started the engine and they drove off down the darkened highway. After a mile or so of twisting road they were able to join a larger highway and turn in the direction of the departing UFO. This was about 8km and five minutes later. The object was clearly visible some distance ahead and looked like a bright cylinder of light. It was still lighting up the surrounding area and illuminating the helicopters...

http://ufo.whipnet.org/xdocs/Cash.Landrum/Piney.Woods.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cash-Landrum_incident

~Sant Kirpal Singh

#5 Cassandra

For I tell you truly

• Members
  • 34,122 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (Cassandra @ Jun 27 2010, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"missile or rocket" launched from Liberty County nearly impacts Continental Airlines plane in May 2009:

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/09060..._liberty_county

"missile or rocket" launched from Liberty County nearly impacts Continental Airlines plane in May 2008:

http://tfomd.com/missle-fired-at-continent...lane-texas.html

Rockets over my house after the first Continental mishap and prior to the second, as posted at locofoco:

http://locofoco.smfforfree3.com/index.php/...47.html#msg7947

From that thread:

According to later Project Blue Book director Edward J. Ruppelt, Project Sign investigators were less skeptical about the Chiles-Whitted UFO Encounter over Montgomery, Alabama on 24 July 1948. In this case, two airline pilots reported that a rocket-shaped UFO, glowing blue and seeming to emit reddish flames, approached them on a near-collision course

Wow that sounds very similar to the 2008 and 2009 cases here. 1948 eh?

~Sant Kirpal Singh

#6 Cassandra

For I tell you truly

• Members
  • 34,122 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:37 AM

From a local news site (not a woo-woo site at all, just local news and links). Long, but best parts are bolded:

Monday, July 14, 2003

The Monkey Man of 1409

www.i-dineout.com

Dayton Monkey Man

On July 15, 2003, we received the following email to the website:

I live in the small town of Dayton. It is northeast of Houston. In the past few months several residents have seen a 4 ft tall monkeyman along the trinity river. One was reported to the Liberty County Police dept. in July. One sighting was seen by an off duty policeman. You can find a report on our local smalltown website www.i-dineout.com. I know of the one sighting reported in july.

The 4 ft muscular monkeyman was seen on the residents roof as he pulled into his driveway. It lept off the house into the woods. I have asked him to report this sighting to you. However he has been teased a bunch, as you know how people can be about these things.

The text of what was on the website follows:

The Monkey Man of 1409

DAYTON, July 14, 2003 - A reader of i-dineout.com sent in the following FEEDBACK REPLY over the weekend.

According to some people who live on 1409 in Dayton, and confirmed by at least one county deputy, off duty, people who live in that area have been calling in to the law officers and reporting that they have sighted a short creature scurrying around their neighborhoods, that has been nicknamed the "monkey man" due to its appearance. I was just wondering if anyone that uses this site has seen it or knows anything about it?

We were skeptical about this reply when first received. However, we contacted the Liberty County Sheriff's Department, which confirmed they had taken reports about the "Monkey Man of 1409." The Sheriff's Department also stated that they are continuing patrols in the area but as of yet no Deputy has spotted the creature.

I sent an email to the webmaster of that website and inquired if they had received any additional information. Allen Youngblood replied with many comments sent to the Feedback section of the website.

Editor's Note: Monkey Man UPDATE: The following update on Monkey Man was received today from the Liberty County Sheriff's Office... The County Road that the reports are coming from are CR 450. None of our deputies have actually seen the "thing". We are doing extra patrol when able to and have not had a call on it in the last two days.

Reader Comments

I recently moved from south hampton subdivision located on day lake where i use to bow fish from the bridge. "never again" there is something around that lake.i don't know exactly what it is, or was but it was neither human nor a animal.....kinda like a hog running on it's hind legs and beleive me i'm a hunter & iv'e never seen a hog run on it's hind legs!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Liberty-Dayton area has had it's share of paranormal experiences in the past. Several of them documented and confirmed. Sometime in the late 70's or early 80's two women and a child had a close encounter of the second kind with a UF0 in the Dayton area. All three people received severe radiation burns when the "object" landed on the road in front of their car. This incident was even reported by national television. Another incident occurred just a few years ago when several local law enforcement officers all saw a large blue-green light streaking through the night sky. It showed up on radar at Intercontinental Airport but was not an "identified" object. Just two more tid-bits for the X-files fans out there.

I know this area is feedback for news stories, and there hasn't been a story about what i am bringing up, so i just hope it gets on in order to see if what i am talking about gets any "feedback". According to some people who live on 1409 in dayton, and confirmed by at least one county deputy , off duty, people who live in that area have been calling in to the law officers and reporting that they have sighted a short creature scurrying around their neighborhoods, that has been nicknamed the "monkey man" due to its appearance.i was just wondering if anyone that uses this site has seen it or knows anything about it? To me it would make a great story to follow up on, you know our propensity for the weird and strange, any way i hope this gets on in order to see if any of this has any validation.

I would like to know what area of 1409 has this creature supposed to have been seen?

Years ago a monkey type thing was viewed by several officers of Liberty Co. in my parents barn. Ask Robbie Thornton about mary Alice and Leroy's monkey man in their barn. He was tall, big, and had a bad odor.

Back in the 1960s and 70s there was always roumors of a half man half goat in the Day Lake area off 1409. Everyone is school claimed that they had seen it. I spent many happy hours down there with a date looking for it but never saw it either. I like everyone else said I had seen it too. It just seemed like the thing to do at the time. Wonder if this is a return of the Goatman of Day Lake?

About the "Monkey-Man"--where was he seen? when? day or night?The strange sightings I was told about spoke about a "Goat-Man" (goat's body-man's head)

Why is everyone reporting the monkey man to the sherrif's dept? Has it committed any crimes? Stolen anything? Vandalized anyone's home? Is it a crime to be half-man, half-monkey? Is there a warrant out for it's/his arrest? Does anybody remember the Rolling Stones song "Monkey Man"? How do we know it's not a monkey WOMAN?

chuckle.gif

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_article.asp?id=398

~Sant Kirpal Singh

Reply to this topic