DPRK

27 replies to this topic

#16 Arch~Angel

Revelator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,898 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

Incomplete and taken out of context, again.

http://rt.com/news/k...ur-minutes-737/

There is more at RT.

North Korea said it will reduce South Korea’s government to ashes in a matter of minutes, should a military escalation of the decades-old conflict occur.

­The statement by the North’s military, carried by the state media, did not elaborate as to how exactly such an attack would be carried out. It mentions “special actions” that would “reduce all the rat-like groups and the bases for provocations to ashes in three or four minutes, (or) in a much shorter time, by unprecedented peculiar means and methods of our own style.”
Dark as Light;

#17 Nokia

twatter

• Members
  • 18,961 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:08 PM

For the past several days, North Korea has directed a string of increasingly hostile threats at South Korean President Lee Myung-bak and his conservative administration. As usual with the North’s public pronouncements of doom, it is often difficult to separate reality from simple bombastic rhetoric. Such is the case with this latest round of promises of mass destruction.

http://defense-updat...ea_threats.html

Posted Image

breaking news

i'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me.

my pics
last updated 9/11/14

#18 Nokia

twatter

• Members
  • 18,961 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:09 PM

View PostArch~Angel, on 24 April 2012 - 02:00 PM, said:

they said action would be soon.
Posted Image

breaking news

my pics
last updated 9/11/14

#19 Nokia

twatter

• Members
  • 18,961 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:13 PM

The most recent threats from the North differ from past announcements in that they have added a specific timeline and indicate that whatever is being planned will be executed in the very near future. North Korea’s state-run Korean Central News Agency interrupted regularly scheduled TV programing on 23 April for a special report promising to “reduce all the rat-like groups and the bases for provocations to ashes in three or four minutes.” The announcement also stated that the military would initiate “special actions” against the South in a very short time.

The disturbing message has been tentatively attributed to the North’s Special Operation Action Group, a component of the Korean People’s Army Supreme Command. The warning also specified that the impending action would be accomplished using “unprecedented peculiar means and methods of our own style.”
Posted Image

breaking news

my pics
last updated 9/11/14

#20 Arch~Angel

Revelator

• Members
  • 38,898 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:24 PM

View PostNokia, on 24 April 2012 - 02:09 PM, said:

View PostArch~Angel, on 24 April 2012 - 02:00 PM, said:

they said action would be soon.

Do you speak Korean?

Who is translating for you?

What about the other part that RT revealed?

Quotes from the North, translated by the south, are very often purposely mistranslated or misrepresented and taken out of context.

NK is threatening to destroy the south if the south attacks and starts a war.
Dark as Light;

#21 Nokia

twatter

• Members
  • 18,961 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:38 PM

your article doesn't even have an author. i can find lots of sources the collaborate what i've posted.
Posted Image

breaking news

my pics
last updated 9/11/14

#22 Nokia

twatter

• Members
  • 18,961 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:39 PM

http://www.voanews.c...-148485105.html
Posted Image

breaking news

my pics
last updated 9/11/14

#23 Arch~Angel

Revelator

• Members
  • 38,898 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

View PostNokia, on 24 April 2012 - 02:38 PM, said:

your article doesn't even have an author. i can find lots of sources the collaborate what i've posted.

They're all repeating the same incomplete sentence. NK has been using similar rhetoric on their website since the rocket launch. But its not ever threats to attack unprovoked. Its always conditional, or only that they have the will to fight to the end.
Dark as Light;

#24 Nokia

twatter

• Members
  • 18,961 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:55 PM

Posted Image

More anti-Lee vitriol, and a song

The North Korean media spent a second day on Tuesday heaping harsh criticism on South Korean president Lee Myung Bak and issuing threats against him and others.
On Monday, the country’s official media carried a statement attributed to the “Special Operation Action Team of the Supreme Command of the Korean People’s Army” that threatened to “burn down” Lee Myung Bak and the country’s conservative media “within three to four minutes, or shorter than that, by unprecedented means.”

Official news agency KCNA carried a number of cartoons depicting Lee as a rat (the theme repeatedly used in the current propaganda action) being captured and on the verge of death. Contained in a dedicated section on its website, the eight cartoons included one (right) that showed Lee caught in a noose being dragged by a truck.
Anti-Lee messages a common in the North Korean media, where he and his ministers are normally referred to as “traitors,” but the current round of reports, cartoons and TV reports is considerably harsher than normal.
Here’s some of the text from the English version of the caption for the cartoon:[indent]
With his two legs propped up, he is making last-ditch efforts with sweats, snivels and tears all over his face. But the noose is tightening around his neck.
Being in a cauldron of boiling oil in the Hell would not be as painful as this.[/indent]
There’s also a song. Introduced by Voice of Korea in a completely dead-pan manner, “Please enjoy a male chorus, All of us will become human rifles and bombs.”

http://www.northkore...iol-and-a-song/
Posted Image

breaking news

my pics
last updated 9/11/14

#25 Nokia

twatter

• Members
  • 18,961 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:11 PM

today is the 80th anniversary of the founding of NK's army.
Posted Image

breaking news

my pics
last updated 9/11/14

#26 leia

`

• Members
  • 15,098 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:53 AM

A senior North Korean army official says his country is armed with "powerful mobile weapons" capable of striking America.

AP Breaking News: http://hosted.ap.org...EMPLATE=DEFAULT
-
-
-

Physics isn't the most important thing. Love is.

― Richard P. Feynman

#27 Nokia

twatter

• Members
  • 18,961 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:43 AM

based on their last several launch attempts, i'd say the US has nothing to worry about.

:fail3:
Posted Image

breaking news

my pics
last updated 9/11/14

#28 Nokia

twatter

• Members
  • 18,961 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:14 PM

#DPRK TV shows video of soldiers simulating RPG assassination of #ROK Pres.

North Korean propaganda towards South Korean President Lee Myung-bak has reached fever pitch in recent days (April 2012). Through a number of a personal attacks, North Korean state media have suggested that Lee will be responsible for any North Korean military provocation in the coming days. This video is a recording of the Nth Korean Television broadcast during the early evening on April 25th 2012.
Posted Image

breaking news

my pics
last updated 9/11/14