A sad day in our town

40 replies to this topic

#1 SQUEEZE A SNACK

Truely Pathetic

• Admin
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

I have a good friend who may die in the next day or so because of a huge explosion and fire at a mill here, I have know the friend for a good 30 years and is real shitty cause his brother in law is one of my best friends that also owns a body shop, his wife and his brother in laws are sisters, and the shitty thing is his office manager is his sister in law and it is her husband who may die
He has burns over 90 percent of his body and was life flighted to Edmonton, so My good friend his sister in law and his wife all flew out to Edmonton, My secretary is good friends with all invovled as well and we sent her over to thier body shop to do thier office work inbetween our work, All we can do is try to help them all through this as its super shitty and this is just one of over 20 who were injured in the blast

deadly mill fire in Prince George was initially felt as a loud bang, followed by a concussion wave that rocked houses up to two kilometres away.
City councillor Cameron Stolz, who was in a friend’s home eight blocks away at the time of the explosion on Monday night, said Tuesday the mill was immediately engulfed in a mass of flames.
“One second everything’s fine [at the mill] and the next second you’re in the middle of a fireball. I can’t begin to guess what it is they’ve gone through,” said Stolz, who has been up all night helping friends and family cope with the explosion’s tragic aftermath.
Details are emerging of the catastrophic fire at Lakeland Mills, which has claimed one life and seriously injured 10 workers.
“There is just complete disbelief and shock. The mill is absolutely destroyed. There was a massive ball of fire within five or 10 minutes. It was very unexpected,” said Stolz.
He said the focus at the moment is to assist injured workers at the hospital and provide support to their families.
Hospitals declared a code orange alert and additional staff “flooded in” to cope with the emergency.
“It was organized and very well done. The outpouring of support has been breathtaking. People have been bringing down food and drink and keeping people company,” he said.
“We’ve got family and friends that need to be taken care of,” he said.
He praised the community’s response.
“Last night the community came together in an instant, including the hotels,” he said.
Stolz, who chairs the city’s finance committee, said it is too early to consider the ramifications of the mill’s destruction and what it means to the city’s future.

Read more: http://www.theprovin...l#ixzz1t0ZmcRTJ

How bout I swing you round by your feet till your asshole whistles!!!!!

#2 Nokia

batman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,634 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:42 PM

i was wondering if you knew anyone working there. such a sad story.

:candle:
Posted Image

breaking news

i'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me.

my pics
last updated11/04/14

#3 Susan

The Fuckening is upon us.

• Members
  • 18,457 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

I'm so sorry Squeeze :rose:
Some say the world will end in fire,
some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor Fire.
But if I had to Perish twice ...

#4 puce

ebb and flow

• Members
  • 17,453 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

Bugger

#5 Authentic Drama Queen

SI NON CONFECTVS NON REFICIAT

• Members
  • 48,126 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

My sympathies, Squeeze. :hugs:
Posted Image
"...you flawless perfect control freak." --Heywood
"Biggest Bitch South Of The (Canadian) Border." --Guest
"Shows how inconsiderate YOU are, Queen of Darkness." --SWSNBN

#6 C E

hors d'oeuvres

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:48 PM

:hugs:
I'm happy I'm not judgmental like all you smug, superficial idiots.

Posted Image

#7 kenticus

Titular Phrase

• Members
  • 7,191 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:16 PM

My condolences to your friends, Squeeze.
Light Fuse, Get Away.

#8 sarafina

.>><((((> .`..`.

• Members
  • 10,152 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

I am so sorry, Squeeze. Unfortunately, that is an all-too-familiar sight where I have lived most of my life.

:rose:
Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank...... give a man a bank and he can rob the world.

#9 SQUEEZE A SNACK

Truely Pathetic

• Admin
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:29 PM

Yes its really shitty, it really affected a lot of people in our town today, Im certainly not alone and someone I don't know has died this morning from his injurys.
I feel real bad for my good friend and his wife, they did everything together camped near every weekend, quading snowmobiling. I dont know when they will get back from Edmonton and dont know when I will get a decent update. Ill do what I can for him and his shop because it doesnt only affect my buddy and his wife and sister it affects everyone at the bodyshop because two keys are missing when there are only four there, and anyone who has a business with a office girl that knows shit that only they can do because of online computer programs with insurance companys with estimating and parts ect,
without our girl, Im fucked period, to a standstill
so the least we can do is let our girl help out cause she can do this very specilized job and Ill help with some extra work if I can because my bud did a lot of the collision work there.

#10 sarafina

.>><((((> .`..`.

• Members
  • 10,152 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

I am glad you can help them out - it will help ease some of the helpless feeling most have when there isn't much you can do but wait.......
Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank...... give a man a bank and he can rob the world.

#11 vikingwoman

Mead and Cherry Juice

• Members
  • 2,998 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:34 PM

Oh dear God that is awful I'm so sorry Squeeze. It's so hard losing a friend...

#12 Shewolfe

Free Palestine

• Members
  • 7,075 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:45 PM

Posted Image

#13 *Guest~

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:45 PM

Oh boy... that is truly horrible. Glad that you all are able to do something to help and yes, manning the office will be a great load off of their minds. Your friend, even if in a coma, is probably worrying about the jobs he needs to be working on.

#14 SQUEEZE A SNACK

Truely Pathetic

• Admin
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:09 PM

My friend just called me From Edmonton, He just died.

#15 Nokia

batman

• Members
  • 19,634 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:10 PM

shitty deal. sorry to hear that.
Posted Image

breaking news

i'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me.

my pics
last updated11/04/14

Reply to this topic